Thread: Gas relief?o

Default Gas relief?o

I really need some help- lately I've had horrible, horrible gas, I can't figure out what I'm eating that may be causing it. It's not painful unless I hold it in- it just smells.....bad.
    The secondary issue is that after having 2 level 3 tears during deliveries I have lost a lot of my control to actually keep it in- sometimes it's physically not possible to do it.

I'm beyond embarrassed - gas ex doesn't seem to make a difference.
    What can I do about this??
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you tried taking a probiotic? For me it helps a lot with bloating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Personal stuff, but I hope it helps....

I have painful gas... but gas-x helps me. In addition to painful gas, I get cramping which can cause me to experience IBS and an immediate need to find a restroom. I find gas-x works best if I anticipate and take two pills before I eat trigger foods. Trigger foods for me are grilled/sauteed vegetables with thin skins -- like onions or peppers -- and high fat food -- like milkshakes, onion rings, creamy pasta sauce, pizza.....

I also had/have problems with incontinence post pregnancy. I went to physical therapy and learned several variations of kuegels to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. I do these when ever I am thinking about it (like now)-- often when I drive to and from work. I also learned how to relax these muscles -- which helps control the gas related cramping, reduce the IBS, and oddly enough prevent leakage.

Good luck. I hope find releif.