Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellbennt View Post
    Amy's bean squares, turkey slices rolled up w/ crackers on the side
    What are Amy's bean squares? Sounds interesting

They're in the frozen section - little dough squares stuffed w/ beans & cheese - there're other varieties - & my ds used to like Munchies brand squares, too. They're at whole foods & also my local supermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; moderator infantreflux.org/forum
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Posting b/c I felt brilliant today with my picky eater. They can buy milk at school so I packed a bowl of cereal. I know he'll eat it. There are loads of good cereal choices out there.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My younger DD takes a lot of dry cereal. She doesn't like cereal with milk, but she loves many cereals.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DDs do not like sandwiches either. They like when I pack "hot" thermos lunches. They seem to really enjoy when I pack leftovers from the prior night's dinner--rice with chicken, pasta, fried rice, etc. Would it be easy for you to make slightly more dinner so that you can pack it in a thermos for lunch the next day?
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do the DIY lunchable thing every day, unless we have good leftovers. DD does not like food that is warm, but not hot, if it should be hot, so doesn't care for food in the Funtainer. I was concerned it wouldn't be enough food, but I try to make it protein-heavy so that it gets her through until the end of the day. Every day, she takes rolled up ham or turkey, a Babybel or cheese stick, fruit (usually strawberries or grapes, sometimes sliced apple), 4 Late July Ritz-type crackers or some everything Pretzel Thins, and pistachios, almonds, or baby carrots. Her classroom is nut free, but her lunchroom is not, so she can take the nuts. Every once and a while, if I have hard-boiled eggs, for example, I'll sub out the nuts or the meat for a hard-boiled egg, and she likes that with the cheese and crackers. As referenced above, she will eat some things, like grilled chicken apple sausage, meatballs, or turkey burger, cold, so I give her that for a change if we've got leftovers.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Posting b/c I felt brilliant today with my picky eater. They can buy milk at school so I packed a bowl of cereal. I know he'll eat it. There are loads of good cereal choices out there.
    I sent greek yogurt with granola for my least picky eater who is still adjusting to the crazy lunchroom. It worked beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    What about DIY Lunchables with cracker, meat, cheese or PB&J?
    My kids love these.
    We also do quesadillas, "pizza-dila" (tortilla with mozz and pepperoni), pasta (cold, usually as a pasta salad with some meat, cheese, veggies thrown in), bagels with cream cheese, "roll ups" (sandwich but on a tortilla and rolled, PB and banana is the fave).

I almost never send sandwiches. DS often gets: falafel balls with hummus and tzatziki (one of his favorites); pasta salad; vegetable quesadilla with guacamole, or chickpea curry with rice and naan bread. He's in preschool but has the appetite of a trucker!

chicken noodle soup
    stir fried noodles
    potstickers/gyoza
    lasagna
    macaroni noodle soup
    leftover chicken and rice
    cold fried chicken

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast