flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Vomiting after shots

My baby had her 6 month shots yesterday and tonight threw up for the first time. Could that be related?

She did have one very small bite of a new food - I mashed up black beans - as she was desperate for my burrito and I thought that would be a good protein. They were from Amy's and totally plain, literally just black beans and water, no spices or anything.

I am really hoping it's not from DD1 starting preschool yesterday! The whole spring was full of colds DD1 brought home and I was really hoping it wouldn't start up again. DD1 is fine though, so far.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

I think that would concern me enough to contact my ped's after hours line. I hope she feels better soon!
    DS 05/09
    DD 12/12

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My guess it is unrelated to the shots, but that she could have picked up something at the doctor's office. I would think if it was from the shots, it would have happened sooner than 24 hours later. Hope she feels better.

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't think it's the shots either. If she had an allergic reaction, the vomiting would have been immediate. You mentioned the burrito, has she had wheat before? I'm assuming it was wrapped in a flour tortilla.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsis View Post
    I don't think it's the shots either. If she had an allergic reaction, the vomiting would have been immediate. You mentioned the burrito, has she had wheat before? I'm assuming it was wrapped in a flour tortilla.
    It was just some of the beans I didn't use for the burrito, not an actual burrito. Probably two black beans mashed up with my fork. It's the only thing different besides the shots I can think of.

She only did it that once. She was very tired and went to bed at 645. I checked on her a few times during the night and she was cool and no more throwing up. Fine this morning. So who knows, but luckily she seems to be ok!

It's the third series of the same shots and she had no problem before. The nurse told me it's usually the first or second series that causes reactions and didn't think it was from the vaccines.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

DS threw up one evening after getting shots when about that age. He also had a fever that time. The last time he got shots (age 4), he threw up while we were still at the doctor's office - about 10 minutes after the shots - but had no other symptoms.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11