Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You can get a 5c at Walmart for 99 cents. So, I doubt the 6 will change the price that much.

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-5c-d...ts-at-walmart/
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirthful View Post
    It sounds like the 6 is going to be released on September 9th
    No, it will be announced on the 9th I believe. They'll take pre-orders, and then ship. So, it could be a month or so after the announcement. (I can't remember the exact timing from past releases). Or is it really supposed to be in stores on the 9th? (that'd be awesome, I'm due for an upgrade).

Unless you're planning on getting the 6, I don't see much reason to wait since you can get 5Cs for sooo cheap now.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 08-27-2014 at 01:47 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If your ds doesn't care which model he gets....I would get one now. If he does care then definitely wait....

I hope the rumors are true and they are coming out soon. I am growing weary of my iPhone 4. I'm ready for new!!!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am waiting to get a better price on older models, but I really don't care about getting the latest and greatest lol certainly not for my kids
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    You can get a 5c at Walmart for 99 cents. So, I doubt the 6 will change the price that much.

http://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-5c-d...ts-at-walmart/
    on that note for a kid no need to wait then
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't think that we can get the 5C for the Walmart pricing since we don't want a new contract, just plan to add him to our existing contract. I need to find out how much that will cost us now vs. waiting.

For a kid, I'd just go ahead, they love having something tangible on their big day. The older models are reasonably priced if you have a plan. DH and I are waiting... we both have 4s's. DS1 really, really, really wants one of our old ones, but he's already sent his "dumb" phone through the wash once and almost a second time, so he has to wait until he can show us he's ready for us to invest in a data plan. We'll probably give him one to use as a touch since he broke his.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

If you're not getting a contract, aren't they all going to be pretty pricey? I think the 5C is still $500 and some dollars off contract. If you're going to spend that, I would just wait for the 6 to come out. Or maybe I'm just missing something. Can you get a phone and add it to an existing contract and pay the contract rate?
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    No, it will be announced on the 9th I believe. They'll take pre-orders, and then ship. So, it could be a month or so after the announcement. (I can't remember the exact timing from past releases). Or is it really supposed to be in stores on the 9th? (that'd be awesome, I'm due for an upgrade).

Unless you're planning on getting the 6, I don't see much reason to wait since you can get 5Cs for sooo cheap now.
    Apple has pretty consistently been 9 or 10 days from announcement to launch since the 4s. I just don't even know if there will be a 5c. Maybe it will be a 6c? That could be a big difference in features.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Default Need a new iPhone - wait

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2shop View Post
    I don't think that we can get the 5C for the Walmart pricing since we don't want a new contract, just plan to add him to our existing contract. I need to find out how much that will cost us now vs. waiting.
    If you are adding him to your account, then you are signing a new contract for his new line so you should still get the contracted pricing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast