Question PPB Diaper Bags and California Prop 65

Hi! I was looking at Zulily this morning and they have Petunia Picklebottom Bags for sale. I was looking through them and found one I really like but then I saw that it has a California Prop 65 warning. Obviously I don't want to buy anything that could potentially be harmful to the baby so I didn't buy it. I then started looking at a variety of different things on Zulily because I thought it seemed weird that a high end product like that would be made with harmful products and I found that most baby products on there do carry that warning, including some clothes and shoes. So my question is - does Zulily carry products that aren't exactly the same as the original products (i.e. more cheaply made, perhaps, although I did not think that was the case) or would they all have that warning for some reason (e.g. waterproofing, bottle insulation, etc.)?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Brooke

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm just curious, where did you see the prop 65 warning? I don't see it on any of the bags I looked at on zulily.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I'm looking on an iPad so might be different on a computer, I don't know, but while looking at the specific product, underneath the Details, Return Policy and Shipping sections, in smaller print it says "California customers, click here for important Prop 65 information." I don't live in California but I do know what Prop 65 is, which is basically where the product has chemicals in it that could cause cancer or other issues, according to California anyway, which is what it says if you click there. My friend who does live in California said that it could be b/c the outside of the bag is made of something that can be cleaned with water or maybe because of insulation for the bottles. I looked all over other zulily products and found a ton of them with that warning, including other bags, bibs, etc, so I think maybe she was right so it's not that big of a deal. The exact same bag is on the PPB website but I couldn't find anything about the warning on there. Anyway, I ended up ordering it because I couldn't find anything to suggest that it wasn't the same bag as I could get directly through PPB and they are a reputable company so I went for it. If you can't find the warning, I'll try to figure out how to post a photo on here.