Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BBB DietBet

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here's how it works: you sign up and pay a certain amount of $ (I was thinking $25?) and weigh yourself. You submit the weight and a photo of it to the site. We all get 28 days to lose 4% of our body weight. If memory serves it never reveals your actual weight to the group. At the end you reweigh and the people who make goal split the pot of money. We have a message thread there to post things and encourage each other.

Here's the page with more details: http://www.dietbetter.com/dietbet-4/how-it-works

I'm excited to try it again because I think it will help motivate me to make good choices as school starts again and our routine changes. I figure a contribution to a dietbet is way cheaper than buying the next size up in fall clothes :-p

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ah, I see. I'm not really willing to spend $$, but I would do something here just on the BBB on the honor systems. Maybe start with 10% of your body weight, cuz 4% ain't so much.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm in if you start Tuesday!!

avd3875 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Checking in to find out if the DietBet is a go.
    Annemarie
    DS 2003
    DD 2009

I'm in if it's starting!! Ill check in on that website OP linked.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Hello! Sorry for the delay. It's been a crazy holiday weekend and internet access has been spotty. I just created the BBB DietBet and it's ready for signups. I set it for $25 and a start date of Thursday because that's the earliest date it allows right now. You can weigh in starting 48 hours before the bet starts and up to 14 days into the bet.

I set it as invite only for privacy. Please PM me the email address you want to use for it and I'll send you an invite.
    Last edited by mikala; 09-01-2014 at 04:10 PM.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for setting this up. I might be wrong but I don't think you have to make your weight public. Everyone will see what percent you lose.

I just found a URL to share so people don't have to PM me with an email address for an invite. Here it is: http://diet.bt/UEf8Ch

(Please don't quote the URL so I can edit it after the bet starts if needed.)

Re: the question about whether it posts your weight, this is from one of their info pages:

Weigh-Ins
    Initial Weigh-Ins. Initial weigh-ins establish a player’s official starting weight. The initial weigh-in may be submitted starting from 48 hours before a dietbet begins up until 14 days into the game. Players joining late do not get extra time at the end. Note: weights are never revealed without a player’s explicit permission, except privately and confidentially to the DietBetter Referees.
    Last edited by mikala; 09-01-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Ah, I see. I'm not really willing to spend $$, but I would do something here just on the BBB on the honor systems. Maybe start with 10% of your body weight, cuz 4% ain't so much.
    Yeah, 4% isn't much but it seemed to help me kick start some better habits last year. Unfortunately not all of those habits lasted--so here we are again, but it was a good start. While I was setting this up I did notice that they now have a large group 10% 6 month challenge going with checkpoint intervals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2