Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I do better with eggs that are hard boiled, poached, or part of a frittata or crustless quiche. I like greens and other veggies with some whisked egg drizzled over and cooked a few mins til done. It is more "stir fry" than "egg" iykwim. In the winter I like stock (thawed from freezer stash) with egg drizzled in like egg drop soup. I will sometimes add a little soy sauce, fish sauce, or a hunk of ginger. Comforting

Greek yogurt unsweetened, cottage cheese adn tomatoes with salt and pepper.

I eat leftovers and salads a lot.

Half an avocado and some nuts.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My husband is English and loves the "full english breakfast." Baked beans, sausages, fried tomatoes -mushrooms -bread (just thrown in skillet with olive oil), eggs, blood pudding (you could omit lol).
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know this has an egg in it but it is awesome! I haven't made this particular recipe but make a paleo version of Loco Moco and my kids gobble it up.

Hawaiian Loco Moco: http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/11/...co-moco-recipe

I make a big batch of all of the components so I can get several Ams out of it. Assemble a plate, warm it up, and then place an over easy egg on top...fantastic! I make caramelized onions into my paleo "gravy"...totally makes it!

I am also a fan of leftovers for bfast...quick, yummy, and filling. Not a huge fan of eggs, other than over easy with some cauliflower rice to sop up the yolk. DH eats a lot of sardines and avocado for bfast...probably NOT what you are looking for. Ohhh...another DD2 fave is ground beef with my homemade taco seasoning in lettuce wraps. Bonus is that she'll eat it for lunch too.

I second the suggestion for grits...ohhh how I miss the perfect bowl of savory grits!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Cheese toast (or English muffin or bagel or...) plain or with tomato or avocado

Peanut butter toast or like in college, a PB&J on the run

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Peanut butter (sunbutter here) on a bagel or tortilla, turkey sausage, pork chops (breakfast thin ones), turkey burger (patty only), and sunbutter and jam sandwich are all staples here.
    K

i literally just made my own frozen burritos two days ago and have been eating them the last two days. theyre good. customize the way you like em, nuke em and eat. cheap.
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

i was doubtful about how good theyd be. i was pretty sure theyd be bad, so i made my first ones very basic. refried beans and shredded cheese only. for me one large can of refried beans made about 15 burritos. i was so happy when i liked them, so i wouldnt have to force myself to eat all 15. it will be all pleasure.

ill be adding meat, eggs, potatoes, green chile, leftover veg, curries, rice, etc etc.
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Sardines, kippers or liverwurst on buttered toast! Smoked salmon with cream cheese and bagel, sausage and cheese quesadilla, various nut butters on toast (although the nut butters can run kind of sweet).
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids love when I make them ham fried rice or even just egg fried rice with leftover rice in the morning.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Quote Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post
    My husband is English and loves the "full english breakfast." Baked beans, sausages, fried tomatoes -mushrooms -bread (just thrown in skillet with olive oil), eggs, blood pudding (you could omit lol).
    That is one of the few things I really miss about living in Ireland! only we called ours full Irish breakfast nowadays, if I happen to be in a really good Irish or English pub, i usually order that!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast