Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I don't think that is legal, to not pay you for time you are attending a work meeting.
    I was thinking the same thing. I know one place I worked, if they had staff meetings that we were expected to attend, they paid us for the time we were there, even if it was our day off. Otherwise no one would bother to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I don't think that is legal, to not pay you for time you are attending a work meeting.
    ITA. I am also part time and it does happen that meetings and other mandatory events are scheduled during my off hours. I always get paid for those. In fact, my work is quite insistent about our submitting those extra hours.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I work part-time, exclusively from home. I have set work days and expect meetings to be scheduled during those times. I have occasionally taken a meeting at a different time if 1) it was critical, 2) we were having trouble finding a time everyone can meet, and 3) DH is able to shift his work schedule to cover child care (DH works from home full-time, but his conference call schedule is crazy busy)

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks all for chiming in. I feel validated about my anger re: this situation. FWIW, I'm paid well, not less $ for PT. But cutting down my hours without warning has created some hardship. I'm telling myself to stay calm, stand firm and telling myself "this too shall pass". I'll teleconference as much as I can. I'm hoping to start my new job scheduled for the meeting day in a few months so that will give me a good reason not be at the meetings. Sigh.

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd View Post
    Thanks all for chiming in. I feel validated about my anger re: this situation. FWIW, I'm paid well, not less $ for PT. But cutting down my hours without warning has created some hardship. I'm telling myself to stay calm, stand firm and telling myself "this too shall pass". I'll teleconference as much as I can. I'm hoping to start my new job scheduled for the meeting day in a few months so that will give me a good reason not be at the meetings. Sigh.
    If you are paid the same as FT, then what was the reasoning for PT? If it was at your request I can somewhat understand feeling compelled but still I am very black and white about this, either you are FT or PT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3