JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help! Need to remove purple dye from tiles and rest of shower!

Long story short, dd's purple hair dye got all over the shower when she washed her hair tonight. We had this happen before, but it was in our old house. This house has tiled walls in the shower, so it is all between the tiles. It works to take a q-tip with nail polish remover, but takes forever. I just ran out for more nail polish remover and picked up a bleach pen too. I am going to take my own shower now in the other shower and will then tackle this. Any suggestions to make this easier? thanks!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Can you try a solution of vinegar and water in a spray bottle to remove the color? Or acetone in a spray bottle I guess...would speed up the job.

hth!
    K

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

double post
    K

Update:
    Thanks, KpbS! No spraying was getting in between the tiles enough, so I tried the bleach pen. That worked great! I hate using bleach and do feel sick when I do. I am wiping it off the best I can. I sure do miss my shower sprayer that I could take down and use from my old house!

Problem is mostly solved, but if anyone has any other ideas, please post, as I am sure there is more purple to come out of her hair. It is amazing how all over the place it got.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Alcohol? Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is a good way to get it off hands too. I use a cleaner with bleach in it, but it hasn't stained my tub.
    Last edited by larig; 09-02-2014 at 12:58 AM.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Thanks! I tried alcohol and it did not work. The nail polish removed was what worked best, aside from the bleach, but had to use a q-tip with it to get it in between the tiles and that was taking forever!