Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Are you referring to the weird use of vernacular?
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Um, not to steal the thread, but glancing around at the new stuff tied to the new marketing ploy, I am rather horrified at THIS:
    http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2167

It's short, the top is see-thru, and it is being marketed to 8 year olds (and younger, really). I'm sure the original founder isn't thrilled either.

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What is the BeForever thing? Is that just rebranding of the historical dolls?
    Also, that link didn't work fr robinsmommy. I did see an outfit that had a sheer portion at the top of the dress but it was covered in opaque fabric from the armpits down and didnt seem inappropriate to me but maybe that isn't what your link was to.
    DD
    DS

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    Um, not to steal the thread, but glancing around at the new stuff tied to the new marketing ploy, I am rather horrified at THIS:

It's short, the top is see-thru, and it is being marketed to 8 year olds (and younger, really). I'm sure the original founder isn't thrilled either.
    I actually liked that one, especially with the sneakers! Maybe your link is to the wrong dress?
    Green Tea, mom to three

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post

I did not think the pink dress was inappropriate or too revealing. It looks like a pink party dress to me.

What is BeForever? Is it just a rebranding like Elektra mentioned?
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yeah, that pink party dress doesn't seem any more inappropriate than a sundress or tank top and skirt combo …

My understanding is that it is exactly a rebranding. The Samantha doll is back for sale, other dolls have new outfits, and the chapters books have been repackaged.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

As far as I can tell, and I'm not completely sure, it's rebranding the historical. New outfits and accessories are in the book, so new things are out. Fewer books per doll, but the same stories, just condensed.
    Kris

[QUOTE=Green_Tea;4027582]I actually liked that one, especially with the sneakers! Maybe your link is to the wrong dress?[/QUOTE
    Me too! Wish I could get dd to wear it.

i actually bought that dress linked above on thursday --the first day the new Beforever items were available. i was in the store to check out the new stuff, and was already picking up the new samantha meet outfit and thought it would be cute for a wedding we were going to this past weekend. my daughter , who can be picky, actually loved it so much she didn't wear either of the dresses i got from the last nordstrom sale (we usually where one dress for the church wedding , and another for evening receptions, but she told me "i'm not going to change into my other dress" though she did change shoes. she wore turquoise/with a pink/red flower see kai run sandals for the service, and then silver shiny slipons for the reception)

i liked alot of the beforever line actually. i'm a sucker for samantha and if money/storage was a critical issue in my life, i'd have come home with the ice cream parlor as my christmas/birthday gift to myself

what i hate are the redone books-- bleck. there are basically no illustrations (only black adn white and small), and i just don't like that at all for the age....i actually started reading my daughter some hoarded felicity books tonight and was kicking myself for not getting every set i could when they were on sale last. *grumblegrumble*

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast