Default Too soon to drop to one nap ?

DS will be 11 months next week. Woke up between 6:30 to 7 am and will go down for a nap at 10 am for about 1 hour sometimes 1 1/2 and then another nap at around 2:30 or 3 pm for another hour or 1 1/2 hours. Bedtime is between 7:30 to 8 pm. For the past four days he has been fighting his morning nap. He just wouldn't go down for a nap at his regular time, So I push it to 11 am and he still wouldn't nap. He has been waking up a bit later in the morning too, at around 7:30 ish. I need to pick up DD from preschool by 11:30 am and then lunch, etc, technically he can't nap until 1:00 pm. But from 7:30 until 1:00 pm, that just seems to be too long of a time for him to stay awake ?? DD didn't drop to one nap until 18 months. So, I'm thinking with this one, it seems too early to drop to one nap, but yet he's fighting morning nap. So, I'm not sure if this is one of the signs that he's ready to drop to one nap ? Appreciate if you can share your experience dropping to one nap with your kiddos. Thank you.
    SAHM to a :

11/10 Daddy's girl. EBF 14 months. FF'ing in Safety 1St Alpha Omega Elite

10/13 Mama's boy . Still nursing.... RF'ing in Peg Perego Primo Viaggio

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sounds like it's worth trying 1/ day. Mine was napping once/ day then.

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've been having a similar problem - DD2 is 13 months and it seemed like as soon as she turned 12 months, she was fighting at least one of her naps. I asked her pediatrician about it at her 12-month visit, and he seemed to think it was a little early to transition to 1 nap - usually that's more between 15-18 months. We just kept at it, and after a few weeks, she started taking her two naps again. I think it was a combination of new milestones (creeping, trying to walk, standing up, sitting down) and teething. Good luck.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Both my kids were down to 1 nap by that point. For DD2, if we are in the car in the morning, she will fall asleep but at school and if we are just home, she won't.

Thanks everyone. He went back to his 10 am and 2:30 nap these past few days without much fight. So, I guess I have to monitor and see in the next few days. He is learning to move around while standing up plus that molar is about to cut through I think. So, it could be all those disturbing his sleep. Who knows!
    SAHM to a :

11/10 Daddy's girl. EBF 14 months. FF'ing in Safety 1St Alpha Omega Elite

10/13 Mama's boy . Still nursing.... RF'ing in Peg Perego Primo Viaggio

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We made the transition around then, but it went gradually. DS also would resist the first nap, so we did a short 30 min morning nap in the car while running errands, and then since the nap was short and he wasn't as well rested, he'd go down again about three hours later. So the schedule went like this
    700 wake up
    1030-11 car nap
    2pm-330 nap
    8 bedtime
    Glad he's back to his normal schedule though!!