Thread: Mommy is tired!

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Mommy is tired!

DD1 was been up until 10:30 pm the past few weeks. DD2 is not sleeping through the night and is up anywhere from twice to hourly during the night. Last night after DD1 finally fell asleep and DD2 did not wake up at 10:30 as usual, I got ready for bed and finally crawled in at 11. Only to find that I COULD NOT SLEEP. When did I finally fall asleep? Oh, about 5 minutes before DD2 woke somewhere around 1:30 and then again at 4:30.

What time does mommy have to wake up? 5:30. What time did mommy get up? 5:55.

MOMMY IS TIRED!

Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

blue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

being sleep deprived is absolutely the worst.
    DS1
    DS2
    DD1

Ugh! Sorry you didn't get any sleep! I can totally relate--DD fights sleep anywhere and everywhere (she's 10.5yo now), and so she pulled an all nighter at the hospital with us when her sister was in labor.... So I had 1 adult child in labor (so not sleeping), 1 adult child there to support her sister (and pi$$ed off at her husband, so not sleeping), 1 10yo fighting sleeping on the hospital couch, and my hubby, who couldn't sleep... and then we had DD's toddlers at the hospital too, and they wouldn't sleep. Next night, DH and I are sooo tired, and we go to bed on time, but then the toddlers wake up in the middle of the night, two nights in a row. And they wake up from their naps right as I'm ready to close my eyes for a little rest. ... We finally got everyone back to their "correct" houses yesterday, and I'll be d@mned, I've been waking up hourly even without the kids fussing. Are you kidding me?!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)