Default Going to try 5:2 diet. Please give me updates for those of you on it!

I am going to finally bite the bullet this week. I would love to hear what worked/what didn't work.

Just wanted to wish you luck! Have you started yet? It really is much easier than it first sounds. I initially planned to do it on Monday and Thursday each week but found that with leftovers from the weekend I do better with Tuesday and Thursday. I skip breakfast and either split up the calories between lunch and dinner or use them all up on lunch or dinner. Generally depends on what I have going on. You may be surprised at how much better you feel on fast days and find you may want to go to sleep earlier and you will sleep better. I'm recovering from an injury now that required surgery so I haven't been able to exercise but when I could I would try to stretch out my fast until after my workout, so if fasting Tuesday I wouldn't eat breakfast until after exercising Wednesday morning. I think exercise with the fast is really helpful to push your body to use up fat stores. It is also really great with resetting portion sizes and really knowing if you're hungry which after years of pregnancy and nursing I really needed. Now that I know I don't actually need breakfast, I always believed the hype that it was crucial for your metabolism, I routinely skip breakfast now even on non-fast days. The author of the diet often skips lunch and eats just breakfast and dinner but I like to look forward to eating and don't actually miss breakfast. I think the first week can be tricky to figure out what works for you but once you get the hang of it you will be amazed by the ease and the results. Good luck!