ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Got a Fitbit....and I'm a bit obsessed!

So DH got me the Fitbit I asked for for my birthday (Monday). He got me a Flex, vs. the One that I wanted, because he thought it would be easier not to lose. At first I didn't think I'd like the wristband on all the time, but after just a few days I'm used to it already. And after taking my kids to a friend's house to swim last night, I guess its good that its pretty water resistant (I didn't get in the pool, so didn't take it off, but I got splashed quite a bit regardless).

So, in the past 3 days I have found myself pacing around the house just to get in those extra steps to reach my 10,000 goal. And making sure that I'm not carrying things in my left hand (where I wear the band), so make sure it is counting my steps. And trying not to use shopping carts when I run errands (so carrying a basket in my right hand all around Target, LOL!). Today I was only at 8,600 something after I put the girls to bed, and since my evenings are normally spent sitting and reading, I knew I wasn't going to reach my goal. So I found a YouTube video of Leslie Sansone and walked a mile with her just to make my goal! I know the extra movement is good for me (I really need to get back into the routine of working out now that the girls are back in school), but I do feel a bit silly being this committed to my Fitbit

One problem I have is I have no Fitbit friends I'm not on Facebook, and my real life friends don't have them (at least not that I know of). Anyone want to be my Fitibit buddy so that I can compete? I'd love to find a good deal on one for DH and compete with him, though he has a desk job and is not motivated to work out at all, so I don't think he would use it

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd be your friend but I lost my Fitbit at the airport I think on our way to Greece back in June!

And I did Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds dvd to get in all my steps! I have her 4 mile challenge dvd and it's almost 7000 steps!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)