View Poll Results: Women, men and zipping up your fly

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a woman and never forget to zip my fly.

5 17.86%
  • I'm a woman and occasionally forget to zip my fly.

7 25.00%
  • I'm a woman and often forget to zip my fly.

1 3.57%
  • If a man's fly is frequently open, I think the women around him will notice.

8 28.57%
  • If a man's fly is frequently open, I think the women around him may or may not notice.

6 21.43%
  • If a man's fly is frequently open, I think the women around him will not notice.

0 0%
  • This poll is confusing! There's a fly in the ointment.

1 3.57%
  • Fly in the soup.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twotimesblue View Post
    It's not as if he's walking around with his penis hanging out.
    Ha, ha! Now that would be a whole other post!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    What are camel toes?
    Omg, this thread is getting hilarious!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_toe

These can't all be real can they?!?
    http://www.therichest.com/buzz/22-wo...ity-camel-toe/
    Last edited by essnce629; 09-10-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    What are camel toes?
    You asked for it!

http://perezhilton.com/2013-04-24-ce...y#.VBDMhF74_LQ

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think this is a pretty harsh statement. It's not as if he's walking around with his penis hanging out.

I don't think leaving a fly undone is any worse than women having 'camel toes' (ewwwwww... the 'gym wear as day wear' trend has made it so much more prevalent) or having visible VPL under clothing. All these 'offenses' could be prevented if people looked in full-length mirrors before leaving the house, but many people are too busy to scrutinize their appearance each morning!
    I disagree with the vpl comparison. Zipping a fly takes what, 2 seconds? Speaking for myself my clothes fit differently over time with weight fluctuations and vpl or tightness isn't as simple as a two second fix. I'm definitely conscious of fit to avoid those issues but it's definitely more than seconds to identify and change clothes or replace an item that doesn't fit properly.

Routinely skipping the zipper is just ick to me. If he can't be bothered to zip his pants he probably isn't bothering to wash his hands either :-p

Confession time: I had to consciously add zipping my pants back into my routine after months of stretchy maternity pants during pg and postpartum.

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    I've definitely forgotten. I don't forget multiple times a week, but I've done it on occasion. DH does forget but only about as often as I do.
    Same here - I've done it on occasion and DH pointed it out...great. I am always in a rush I guess. Someone who does it constantly..yea that's a bit much. I never really had the thought that women never forget, it's an occasional absent minded thing like anything else.

I think this is a pretty harsh statement... All these 'offenses' could be prevented if people looked in full-length mirrors before leaving the house, but many people are too busy to scrutinize their appearance each morning!
    Do you really have an issue with visible panty lines? I probably have one on most days and really don't care if someone else can tell that I'm wearing underwear. The only time I use a full length mirror is when I'm deciding whether to buy/keep/return clothing but it isn't really because I'm too busy.

I agree that some zippers just will not stay up. Then again, it's one of those automatic things that I do without thinking so if someone just isn't in the habit of zipping then I guess he'll walk around unzipped a lot. I probably wouldn't notice as I rarely pay attention to what someone is wearing.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Unrelated (or maybe related?) but why can't guys keep their knees together when sitting in tight configurations (such as on an airplane)? Why must their legs be splayed out in a V of the widest angle possible? Why? WHY??? I know the beans and the frank do not take up THAT much room.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Unrelated (or maybe related?) but why can't guys keep their knees together when sitting in tight configurations (such as on an airplane)? Why must their legs be splayed out in a V of the widest angle possible? Why? WHY??? I know the beans and the frank do not take up THAT much room.
    *WE* know that... *THEY* don't, though!

DH is generally a legs-crossed-tightly (ie, one leg over the other, not in the "4" leg formation) kind of guy. After being married to a wide-leg-sitter in my past (because "it squishes too much!" he said of sitting any other way), I asked DH if it hurt having the boys all smooshed up like that, and he assured me it doesn't hurt... that guys just like to let it all hang out, and think that sitting like that makes everyone think the boys must be huge...
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2