Default Poop training ideas?

Peanut is 3. We've been wearing underwear (at his request) for about 4-5 weeks. We have to remind him to go potty - and as long as we do we have very few pee accidents. Today I asked if he had to go pee. He said no at first (we were playing on a train playground), then about 2-3 min later said he had to go pee - this is a first, him telling us.

So here's the thing. He won't poop on the potty. He won't tell us when he has to poop (to give him a diaper/pull up) and he runs away when he's had a poop accident.

I know he's not 100% ready, but he gets SO mad when we put diapers on - and even when we put pull ups on him. He begs and cries for his underwear. Any advice? Oh bribes really don't work with Peanut at all....
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The only thing that finally worked with DC was using a reward chart with stickers, with the final "prize" being a new bike.

Don't push it at all. DD was in underwear for 1.5 years before she would poop on the potty. Yes, you read that correctly. She was in underwear right after she turned 2 and would ask for a pull up to poop. I tried everything under the sun, but nothing worked. More than 1.5 years later, a pez dispenser convinced her to poop on the potty...seriously. She saw the pez dispenser I had planned on putting in her Christmas stocking out and was interested in it. I showed her how it worked and said I would give her 2 pez if she pooped on the potty...and she did it and never looked back. Crazy. DS1 only had a 6 month lag between pee and poop potty training. But it didn't bother me since I knew it could be a while.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Time is all that worked for mine. They just did it when they did it and all were within normal time limits. Just remind him and make sure a potty or potty ring is available and it will happen.

TxCat is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We're going on 1.5 years now of being "pee-trained" but DD1 still won't poop on the potty. She's getting to the point that I even think we can stop pull-ups at night - her request, but still no progress on the pooping front. We've tried everything under the sun - sticker charts, prizes, etc. Right now we just stay cool but encouraging and are waiting it out. It is maddening though.
    DD1 10/2010
    DD2 8/2013
    And expecting DS1 10/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TxCat View Post
    We're going on 1.5 years now of being "pee-trained" but DD1 still won't poop on the potty. She's getting to the point that I even think we can stop pull-ups at night - her request, but still no progress on the pooping front. We've tried everything under the sun - sticker charts, prizes, etc. Right now we just stay cool but encouraging and are waiting it out. It is maddening though.
    That was us!! Dd wore underwear at night at 2 years 9 mo, but didn't poop on the potty until 3 years 9 months. She wore underwear all day right after 2. It will happen eventually.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)