Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Jury duty- longest you've served

I got my 3rd summons. Served once, postponed once, going in soon. I only served 2 days last time. Got picked in the AM, trial in PM plus next AM, deliberated and done by 3. Thinking that was pretty much best case scenario. Because I want to be mentally prepared for anything next time, please share with me the longest service you had to do.

I served as a federal grand juror. I went to grand jury sessions from 8am-5pm twice a month for 6 months. It would have been for a year had I not moved. I actually really enjoyed it!

Expecting DS 03/18/15!!!!!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When I served, it was for 2 full days. It was at the County level.
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

Not me personally but my dad served on a jury in a murder trial with an insanity defense/possibility of the death penalty. It was four months M-Th. But I think that truly is an outlier in jury duty.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I've been called 4 times and on a jury twice. They were long ago and pre-kids, but I believe both were 3-4 days total, including the first day of selection.

I made it into the jury box this week and that trial would have been Tuesday afternoon (selection day), Wednesday 1-5, Monday and Tuesday and possibly Wednesday of next week. So, still 4 days, but more spread out.

Good luck

ETA: During the introduction to all who came for Jury Duty, the woman told us the average case was 3 days in our county.
    Kris

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Never. I've always wanted to. I'm an attorney now (health policy, not litigation) so I expect it will ever happen.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My longest was 2 days. My mom did a 2 month malpractice trial.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Never. I've always wanted to. I'm an attorney now (health policy, not litigation) so I expect it will ever happen.
    I was at Jury Duty in Oakland County this week and one that did make the jury was a contracts lawyer. So, you never know!
    Kris

10 minutes. We were all dismissed since the only cases they had settled. I was post-college without a job and appreciated the $15!

Not me, but when I was in high school, my mom was on a very high profile case that was about three weeks long!! It was really tough on the whole family. We had reporters calling the house (even though nobody was supposed to know who was on the jury) and had to sneak her out of the back door of the courthouse, lying down in the backseat.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast