ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Another Jamberry Nails Thread

Hi all,

So I know these have been posted about in the past and I have read all of the old threads but have a few additional questions...

How does one buy them because I don't know any consultants and would kind of like to learn a little more one-on-one about them and would prefer not to pay shipping to order online?

I went online to the Jamberry website and saw the You Tube video about application but then was looking at the products and it says quantity 1, but it doesn't say how many manicures you can get out of "1."

I also have "weird" nails in that some are more flat and some are more curved, will these work for me?

TIA
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think you have to pay for shipping regardless bc they are shipped directly from Jamberry I have 2 friends who are consultants. I can PM you their contact info, if you'd like. You order through a consultant and then, again, it's shipped directly from Jamberry. Ideally, 2 pedi's and 2 mani's per sheet. I think it strongly depends on your nails, though. I bought several sheets and not all of the sizes fit perfectly, so I had to cut and shape them. I will not have enough for 4 full applications and will just have to paint a bunch of "accent" nails, which drives me nuts! There are a lot of tutorials out there for atypical nail shapes.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Hi all,

So I know these have been posted about in the past and I have read all of the old threads but have a few additional questions...

How does one buy them because I don't know any consultants and would kind of like to learn a little more one-on-one about them and would prefer not to pay shipping to order online?
    Unfortunately, there's shipping costs no matter what. Some consultants have a small stash that they may be willing to sell (mine does, but it's from her personal collection), but generally, you order through the consultant and have to pay shipping. To find a local consultant, you can go to Jamberrynails.net and click "find a consultant" in the upper right portion of the page. You can search by zip code. Many/most consultants also have facebook pages for their business, so once you find your local consultant, you can join their FB page, and ask questions there, or even ask for a visit to ask more questions, get a demonstration, etc. (I know my consultant does this, I assume others would, too!)

I went online to the Jamberry website and saw the You Tube video about application but then was looking at the products and it says quantity 1, but it doesn't say how many manicures you can get out of "1."
    Quantity of 1 would be one sheet. In my case, I have wide, somewhat long nail beds. I can get 2 manicures and 2 pedicures from being careful with 1 sheet of wraps, and have some leftovers (which I then will allow DD to do an "accent nail" with, so she only has one wrap on each hand).

I also have "weird" nails in that some are more flat and some are more curved, will these work for me?
    My nails are "domed"--they are fairly curved from side to side, and front to back. I use the "baggy method" for application (videos on youtube for this application method), and have good results. I tend to be rough on them, so I actually "reapply" them (by resealing them with the baggy method) maybe once or twice a week, and I can get 2 weeks from them, even with my funky shaped nails!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am not on FB so I don't know if I will be able to hook up with anyone from there.

I saw that you can connect with a consultant from the Jamberry site, but it seemed kind of strange to just contact a stranger...

You said that you can get 2 manis and 2 pedis from a sheet, do you cut the decals? Before you apply or after? I am intrigued, but someone confused.

I am super excited to give them a try because I never just paint my nails or get them done because I work at the hospital and am forever washing my hands and wearing gloves so I would just destroy a manicure in 1 day.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    I am not on FB so I don't know if I will be able to hook up with anyone from there.

I saw that you can connect with a consultant from the Jamberry site, but it seemed kind of strange to just contact a stranger...
    I promise, they hope and pray strangers will contact them! It means they are getting business/attention, and Jamberry still isn't well-known, so they want/need all the exposure they can get. No different than finding a local Mary Kay lady, or local Avon lady, etc.

You said that you can get 2 manis and 2 pedis from a sheet, do you cut the decals? Before you apply or after? I am intrigued, but someone confused.
    Yes, you cut each wrap in half, generally. Here's a pinterest page with what a sheet looks like: http://www.pinterest.com/sadlersores...ry-nail-ideas/ So, you pick what wrap is closest to your nail size without going onto your skin. With tweezers or an orange stick, you loosely put the wrap on your nail, then use nail scissors to do a rough trim around the outer side of the nail, and put the unused wrap back on the sheet. You'll use this unused portion, generally for the same nail on your other hand. Then you follow your chosen method of application (there's many ways to do it!). After 1-2 times of doing it, you'll quickly learn what works best for you, your nails, your coordination, etc. There is a bit of a learning curve. I didn't love them my first or second application--it was my third time that I really had the hang of it, got great results, loved the look, and felt like it was something I could continue to manage. On the toes, there's a cutting method where you will get a whole pedicure out of 2 wraps. Hard to explain, but easy to understand when you see a picture of how it's done.

I am super excited to give them a try because I never just paint my nails or get them done because I work at the hospital and am forever washing my hands and wearing gloves so I would just destroy a manicure in 1 day.
    In my experience, when I'm working on the floor and washing my hands so much (or alcohol gelling them), a "jamicure" lasts about 1.5-2 weeks. Still better than when I would paint my own nails and have to repaint nightly to cover the chips!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

You can always try eBay too.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just order directly from the Jamberry site, no consultant needed. I can get three uses out of mine. I suppose if I cut them more carefully I could get 4, but I'm too lazy to do all of that cutting.

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Sent ya a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)