Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would feel on with the HBB, but first I would check to make sure he can buckle himself in the HBB. For my DD2, it depends on the car. She can buckle herself in our Honda Pilot, but not in DH's BMW, nor my moms VW. Even I have a hard time getting her strapped in the other cars because of the way the seatbelt latch is. I think it may be easier for you to buckle a harness than to reach over a HBB to latch a seat belt.

Sorry- I'm sure this is difficult for you!

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SummerBaby View Post
    I would feel on with the HBB, but first I would check to make sure he can buckle himself in the HBB. For my DD2, it depends on the car. She can buckle herself in our Honda Pilot, but not in DH's BMW, nor my moms VW. Even I have a hard time getting her strapped in the other cars because of the way the seatbelt latch is. I think it may be easier for you to buckle a harness than to reach over a HBB to latch a seat belt.

Sorry- I'm sure this is difficult for you!
    We have the same issue. DD is 6 and has an easier time in DH's car than mine with the HBB but in general the harness is much easier for her to do than the HBB (we have a frontier). In my car, we are actually about ready to switch back to the harnessed seat bc she needs help with the HBB at least 50% (probably more) of the time. And I agree that it is much more effort for me to help with the HBB than the harnessed seat bc I have to climb in (we have an SUV) and bend way over to get to the buckle, sometimes even sliding over the whole seat to get it.

I would definitely test it out before going wight the booster as a solution. If the HBB doesn't work, do you have a local moms group or list serve or anything that you could see if anyone had another used (unexpired of course) harnessed seat that might work?

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A4P...&robot_redir=1

I had hand surgery a few weeks ago. Dd can't work the lower buckle on her harnessed seat. It is not for lack of trying on her part. This little tool has saved my hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2