Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Nighttime diaper vs. nighttime pull-up?

DD is almost 4 yrs old and has been potty trained during the day for about 6 months. She has always been a heavy nighttime wetter but her morning diapers have been less full the last few weeks. As a result I have recently stopped using the diaper doubler, but we are almost out of our nighttime diapers (Huggies Overnights) and I am not sure if I should try a nighttime pull-up or just buy more Overnight diapers.

I never used pull ups with her, but it would be easier to handle the bedtime "I have to potty" requests instead of putting the diaper back on over and over.
    - My main concern about switching is absorbency. Can they handle it if they do pee a lot while sleeping? (she doesn't wake up if she has to go in the middle of the night)
    - what about sizing? She is wearing a 6 in the Huggies Overnight diaper and while I sized up before, I have never seen anything bigger. She is about 40lbs and very tall for her age, and wearing 4/5 in clothes. I have only seen 3T/4T pull-up for daytime. Do they make sizes for pre schoolers?
    Thanks for your help.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You can get 4T/5T overnight pull-ups online, but if you need to have a brick-and-mortar solution, size S/M GoodNites will work fine.

We haven't had issues with heavy wetting (and my DD tends to be a heavy wetter) if we remind her the Pull-Up is for overnight only, not to catch pee while she's awake.

I find the 3T/4T overnight pull-ups to be too narrow across the bum; my daughter is also 4 and mostly wearing size 5 clothes. (I bought her a few things that are size 6 to get her through 'til Spring.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Underjams are the ONLY ones that hold all the pee here. My 5yo is wearing the S/M size, and he's about 40lbs and tall, generally wearing size 5 clothing.

Are GoodNites from Pampers or are those the "underwear"? Am I correct in guessing that Underjams, GoodNites, pull-up are all the same (pulling up type of diaper vs. traditional one) but just made by different brands?

Yes, I think they are different brands. GoodNites leak for my rock-solid sleeper.

I have always sized up for overnight diapers since she was a heavy wetter. Should I follow that same guideline for any of the night pull ups too?

I always sized up on diapers, but haven't needed to with the Underjams.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMommy View Post
    I have always sized up for overnight diapers since she was a heavy wetter. Should I follow that same guideline for any of the night pull ups too?
    No, don't size up for overnight pull-ons of any type.

UnderJams are Pampers' version of GoodNites by Huggies.

Overnight Pull-Ups' sole advantage over UnderJams or GoodNites is Velcro sides, so unless you expect overnight poop as well as pee, I wouldn't opt for those over the pull-ons.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Overnight poop is not a concern. I appreciate all of the feedback. This helps a ton. Thank you!

I want to cry!! Target just stopped carrying Underjams. I might start putting cloth trainers on him at night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast