Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Best panties for potty training

We are getting ready to potty train our 2 1/2 year old daughter and I notice that some panties have thicker fabric or other features. Any suggestions on what to look for or good brands to try? TIA

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I bought what ever the boys wanted. We did mostly naked potty training and commando for a while after that but we bought character undies what ever they were into. I never felt bad if I tossed a pair if they had a accident. Expensive undies I couldnt do for potty training.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

My kids really liked the feel of the Gerber ones with thicker middles (looks like they're called training pants). In fact, my youngest (who's 5.5) still only wears those despite the cute ones I bought him. They are just really comfortable.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We used the HA trainers - but honestly I suggest not using special undies. The thicker ones don't let the child know they are wet imo which just delays the process. I suggest naked potty training or just using regular undies.

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    We used the HA trainers - but honestly I suggest not using special undies. The thicker ones don't let the child know they are wet imo which just delays the process. I suggest naked potty training or just using regular undies.
    Thank you- any tips on cute ones?

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went down to Target and picked out a bunch of the themed undies -- disney characters, bubble guppies, etc. They were cheap, came 10 to a pack, and I didn't hesitate to throw a pair away when there was a poo accident in them. They weren't the most comfortable undies, but they did the trick during training. After training was over, I switched to HA undies which are more expensive and very comfortable.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The only thing that makes a thicker pair, like the Gerber or Hanna trainers, "better" is cleanup for pee accidents because it soaks up more.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Both of my kids, ESP. DD1 peed right through Hanna and Gerber training pants so we got more use of those as panties once they were trained. With DD2 she trained at daycare and essentially went from disposable diapers to regular "princess" panties in a week. She was night trained very easily as well (compared to DD1 who was almost 5/1/2).
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We used and loved the Hanna training unders. They are super warm and cozy and snug around the legs to reduce leaks.

for Sandy Hook

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have loved the HA trainers...but my 4 y/o ds is still wearing them, so I would say we use them just as regular undies after they have learned (he PT around age 2). but they are starting to fall apart (after 3 children) and i'm trying to decide what to buy dc4. she may be our last, so kinda hate to pay HA prices but they are so nice. glad to hear some other recs!
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast