Question Where did you get your crib mattress?

And do you remember how much you spent?

We got our first one when we got our crib, from a local, independent baby store. Probably spent too much on it, but at least we were able to use it for two kids . I gave/ threw it away a couple years ago when we thought we were done having kids, but now I need to get one for baby #3.
    Trying to decide between one of these from Ikea, something from Target, or something from Amazon (higher priced, but listed as the top choices of the BBB book).

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=crib+mattress

Thanks for your help!

We got the basic Sealy soybean one from Target which I think was a "good" recommendation from BBB. It was on sale when we bought it, but I do not remember exactly how much we paid. Maybe $80-100? I have nothing to compare it to, but it is light and easy to get in/out of crib (I take it out to change sheets because it is just easier for me) and DS sleeps very well on it, so I have no complaints.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For DD1, we got the mattress from the same independent baby furniture store where we got her crib. For DD2, we bought it at BRU.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

We got the Lullaby Earth dual firmness mattress at BBB using a 20pct off coupon so $160 plus tax. Had initially gone in to the store to check out the Naturepedic but gosh, it's heavy! Lullaby earth checked all our boxes being Greenguard certified, despite not being organic. And it's super lightweight, no weird smells when we brought it home and we and baby love it so far. Lullaby earth is actually owned by Naturepedic so made us feel a little better too.

We use a Naturepedic organic cotton waterproof mattress cover on top of it.

Eta - we had checked Ikea options but I wasn't thrilled about the extended exposure to so much latex (on some, not all of their options) at a young age. No family allergy to latex specifically but it just didn't strike me as right option for us.
    Last edited by Zukini; 10-07-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    DS 2014

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    We got the basic Sealy soybean one from Target which I think was a "good" recommendation from BBB. It was on sale when we bought it, but I do not remember exactly how much we paid. Maybe $80-100? I have nothing to compare it to, but it is light and easy to get in/out of crib (I take it out to change sheets because it is just easier for me) and DS sleeps very well on it, so I have no complaints.
    This is us exactly, except I think I ordered from Amazon. She's still sleeping on it at 2.5 years old with no complaints!
    Lizi

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We got ours from a local independent baby store that has sadly just gone out of business. we had the Kolcraft Pediatric 1000 (I think that was the name). It was used for 4/1/2 yrs. between two kids and was still really firm. It wasn't fancy, but it worked great. I totally skipped over the chapter in the 2005 Baby Bargains book that recommended mattresses because it seemed like everyone here with a baby born in 2006 or 2007 had a Colgate brand mattress, and in 2010 a super expensive Moonlight Slumber mattress. We also didn't have any issue with off gassing.
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...0/product.html
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I got both DDs the Little Dreamer Moonlight Slumber from local babystore (now out of business). I think it was $150 or $175 and love, love, love them. Construction is excellent, light weight so easy to change sheets and an excellent value for the quality/safety. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it online.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin