Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Day 7-8: Organize your home in 40 days

I'm going to combine days here, so there aren't so many threads.

When you get to your day 7 and 8, please post them here!
    Kris

Okay - day 7 I tackled the photo bureau day 1, but quickly realized that I should have divided it into a 3 day project. I also finished day 8: boys' closet/toys.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I need to get caught up! Two elderly neighbors are in the hospital, so I've been getting flowers, dropping them off, calling to check on them, putting newspapers up, and such. And I spent 2 hours having lunch with an 86 year old friend. i need to get back on track, but the closet in the dining room is something I want to avoid! There was mouse poop in it and I need DH's help to get it done. (so grossed out.)

Does ironing for 90 min. count? I'm still working on ironing stuff to put in the kids' closets.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I need to get caught up! Two elderly neighbors are in the hospital, so I've been getting flowers, dropping them off, calling to check on them, putting newspapers up, and such. And I spent 2 hours having lunch with an 86 year old friend. i need to get back on track, but the closet in the dining room is something I want to avoid! There was mouse poop in it and I need DH's help to get it done. (so grossed out.)

Does ironing for 90 min. count? I'm still working on ironing stuff to put in the kids' closets.
    Yes, this absolutely counts!!! And it sounds like you've been very busy with other things. Today I had to clean for an impromptu party/weekend guest, so I didn't do more than a 20-30 minute item on my list, but I cleaned the house and washed sheets, so it still felt productive. I'm a firm believer that as long as you are doing something, it's all good. (and I have a very liberal definition for "something."

I'm incredibly motivated at the moment because I only have about 2.5 months til baby number 3 arrives and a VERY long to-do list in the meantime. Nevermind the fact that I have a goal to be finished with Christmas prep by Thanksgiving to make sure that it all goes off without a hitch! (BTW, that is never going to happen, but I'm dreaming big)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Books done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

The books look fantastic! So organized!
    Kris

Day 7 for me - I took everything out of the dining room cabinets, dusted the shelves and put things back in. Was on my list for a few years now, so I'm happy for this one!
    Kris

I'm on a roll! three days in a row . I'm not 100% done, but the garage is cleaned. I brought out the bin of snow boots and need to get the kids to try them on later. Once that gets put back, I am done. Our snow thrower died last winter, so I got that out so DH can work on repairing it before the snow flies this year.
    Kris

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Books done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your books look great!!!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Day 7 - laundry room DONE!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast