Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    amm40 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I made yogurt in pint mason jars last night, Instant Pot got me my first successful batch! Followed the vid on hippreasurecooking.
    DS1 8/08
    DS2 8/11

All of these recipes, with the exception of yogurt, can be made in my electric pressure cooker, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    All of these recipes, with the exception of yogurt, can be made in my electric pressure cooker, right?
    Absolutely! It's just a brand name for an electric pressure cooker (etcetera) gizmo.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post
    I made this mongolian beef tonight and DH thought it was amazing. The basmati rice that I made in it was also absolutely perfect.http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/...ongolian-beef/
    I made this tonight and it was so so good. Everyone loved it, even DS1 who normally won't touch beef. We will probably do a little less brown sugar next time, and add a little crushed red pepper, but the beef was so tender and tasty!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I made this tonight and it was so so good. Everyone loved it, even DS1 who normally won't touch beef. We will probably do a little less brown sugar next time, and add a little crushed red pepper, but the beef was so tender and tasty!
    I was thinking about the same changes for next time, less sugar and a pinch of red pepper flakes! Glad it worked out for you. She has great recipes. I used her minestrone recipe and it was fabulous even though I didn't have fresh tomatoes and corn.
    DD '06
    DD '14

mommymy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I made this over the weekend and it was a hit. http://www.hippressurecooking.com/pr...-one-pot-meal/

I was a little skeptical of this spice combo but it was delicious. The only negative was that it took much longer than the 25 mins listed in the recipe. It was closer to a 45 mins-an hour start to finish between prep, Instant Pot heat up to pressure, cook time, release time, repeat.
    I made this today and was pleasantly surprised. I added quartered peeled potatoes and substituted tomato sauce for the paste as I did not have any. I didn't make the rice, as I had made rice in our rice cooker. I took the chicken out and broiled it to crisp it up and then ate it with the potatoes and rice. Next time I would add some carrots when I pressure cook the chicken. It tasted like a westernized Indian recipe. Super tasty and I will make it again. Because I only made the chicken drumsticks I pressured for 15 minutes then quick released.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I made this one last night: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pressur...iyaki-chicken/

It was pretty good, and I'd make it again. Both boys (8 and 5) ate it. I used 1/2 c brown sugar and 4.5 lbs chicken breast, which I chopped up first. I didn't have crushed pineapple so I put a can of pineapple chunks into the food processor. I set the Instant Pot for 18 minutes after I pressed the "Poultry" button, which I think defaulted to 16 minutes. There was a TON of sauce, even with the extra chicken.

I tried out my instant pot for the first time yesterday, and it was so easy to use!

I made Beef Bourguignon (we had leftover red wine to use). It's more of an adult meal (DH loved it!), but the kids still ate it.

I'd recommend using more than one pan to brown the meat--I only used the instant pot for browning, and it took forever bc I had to brown 3 batches (instant pot doesn't have the biggest surface area for browning meat.

http://www.afeastfortheeyes.net/2012...ssure.html?m=1
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Cooked spaghetti squash in the instant pot today and worked beautifully!
    Halved and seeded the squash, put 1c water and then the squash on top of the rack in the pot. Steamed for 8 minutes.
    I'm loving this thing! Thanks to BBB for all the instant pot love and convincing me I needed one!

Also cooked frozen chicken breasts and a jar of salsa in there today to make chicken to use for tacos. 25 minutes on poultry setting. Love it!

Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I made this recipe for potato soup in my instant pot yesterday. The entire family loved it!

http://busy-at-home.com/potato-bacon...ker-give-away/

I followed the recipe, except I did not add the bacon during the cooking process.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast