Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Don't have one. No desire to own one. Just say no!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Things aren't a bargain if you never wanted it in the first place. I have very little trouble resisting bargains shared on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Things aren't a bargain if you never wanted it in the first place. I have very little trouble resisting bargains shared on the board.
    Very true. And reading some of the other PP. I do have many more kitchen toys.

And I also want to state there is no hate for those who do have one. I just have appliance envy.

Even with all my toys, my cooking can be much improved.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't have one either. Since I have been back to work full time, I am considering one just to make dinner easier on me. If I had not returned to work full time, I would not even consider this purchase. I have ample time to cook with my prior part time gig. I love to cook though, so it is something I make time for.

Well, I do have one, thanks to this board, and I do love it, but it IS my slow cooker, rice cooker, and pressure cooker, so there's that! What I don't have that causes me envy is the Vitamix. I do have a blender I have never used. Not once. I have visions of making green smoothies with the Vitamix, but I'm not willing to shell out the dough for another appliance I'll never use-- or use once, hate the green smoothie, and never use again. I was worried about that with the Instant Pot, but I love it. The other thing I'm on the fence about is the Advantium oven. I'm doing a kitchen remodel and could get one, but I don't know...

I only got one when DH dropped my used daily crockpot - otherwise I would happily still be using my crockpot.
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

I don't have one either. I'm on the fence, we purged so much stuff when we moved and we lost a lot of counterspace in the new kitchen. I would like a better crockpot ( I think mine is too hot when it's on the low setting), and I can imagine a pressure cooker being really handy. But no purchases right now...
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I do have one, but like a PP, it is my slow cooker/pressure cooker, and we don't own any of the other appliances you named. Actually, our only kitchen appliances aside from fridge/dishwasher/oven are the Instant Pot, a Vitamix, and a KitchenAid mixer (which gets used about 6 times/year, but I got on super sale a few years back). When I was a SAHM/WAHM I don't know that I would've gotten an Instant Pot, but it's a lifesaver for us for getting dinner on the table quickly at the end of a workday.

I don't use the Instant Pot to make rice, largely because I'm usually already using it for whatever's being served with the rice. We do baked rice here.
    Last edited by rin; 10-29-2014 at 01:30 PM.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's okay, you guys can hold out for the Smart version. http://www.hippressurecooking.com/sn...ant-pot-smart/

I'm not normally a fan of making my electronics even more complicated but this looks pretty awesome.

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

no idea what an "instant pot" is, other than it is not what it should be.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast