Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't have one either, and most likely, I don't need it.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    It's okay, you guys can hold out for the Smart version. http://www.hippressurecooking.com/sn...ant-pot-smart/

I'm not normally a fan of making my electronics even more complicated but this looks pretty awesome.
    We have an Instant Pot, but I have not used it all that much yet. This new model looks interesting!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Awwwwwww, don't feel bad. I don't have one either. I felt the same way about the BBB Vitamix love.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

See, I would love a Vitamix, but even refurbished it is out of my price range. Completely. My crock pot was falling apart, so I was already in the market for a replacement when we purchased the IP. It was way more than a replacement slow cooker, but it did end up replacing several older appliances in our home. We donated a older rice cooker and several other smaller appliances as well.

But a deal is only a deal if you are needing the product.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I purchased an Instant Pot, but haven't used it yet. I often make 2-3 things at a time (often with more than one serving each) on weekends, so I love being able to throw something in the oven, something in the crockpot, something on the stove (soup or chili), and then the Instant Pot will give me one more option. That's how I cook though, and have for years. I've managed without it so far, but at the same time, I love being able to have a few different things going at the same time. That's easier for me than a larger cooking session. I can usually have quite a few meals made in 2 hrs or less.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

As a sheeple who just bought one, I will say in my defense that I am always searching for that miracle appliance a la Jetsons that will feed my family. We work lots of hours and I like to cook. I resisted the first round of purchasing but was felled during the sale.
    It is hard with all this social media. It does appear that everyone has it better. I feel for my children because they will never know what it really means to be without a constant stream of other peoples lives.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Lol, I misread the title of this thread and was like, "cool there's now an instanpot forum on BBB!" Seriously though, it is a wonderful appliance. We use ours a minimum of 3-4x a wk. I have a vitamix too (my mom gave me hers) and btwn two, the IP blows away the V in usefulness. Come over to the dark side... you will not regret it. I bet that with the release of the new model that the price of the latest one will go down.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    I *think* it's a type of pressure cooker. But I don't have one and no desire.
    This is me. Don't have one. Not interested. I have two Crock Pots -- which is probably 1 too many considering how infrequently we use it. But they are different sizes so I dither...
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default BBB aka Instant Pot forum

OP I am with you on this one. Had I literally not just replaced my crock pot with the Cuisinart one (which I love, and am slowly converting my kids) about a year before the whole instant pot craze started I might have bought one, but yeah a break from the instant pot insanity would be nice!

I do own a Vitamix and I do like it, but I don't use it as much as I did when I initially got it, but I don't think I could go back to an original blender.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-30-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I'm a lemming and bought an instant pot. I've had it for 1.5 weeks and have made probably 7 things in it already (vegetarian chili, risotto twice, Mac and cheese, oatmeal, lentil soup, and mashed potatoes). I bought it in part because I've had a broken slow cooker in my cabinet for two years. I also have a vitamix and love it.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast