bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Bad fit for ergo? Anyone with hips have a problem getting the carrier to fit?

I have a classic ergo. I can't get it to fit me! First of all, while I'm not short I'm short waisted. Second, I have a small waist and larger, rounded hips. I am having a terrible time getting the ergo to fit! I had it on yesterday and it was loose around my hips but if I pulled it tighter it wouldn't fit. It just kind of slid up and down my hip area not really fitting either my waist or my hips! So essentially it ended up hanging off my shoulders, rather like the Baby Bjorn. I do often have a problem with things that are supposed to fit around the hips. I cannot use things like a Belly Bandit for the same reason. DD really doesn't seem to love the Ergo anyway so I might just get rid of it. I was hoping I'd be able to use it for a back carry for family hikes.

TIA!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm tall (5'7), thin (126lbs), and have no hips and didn't feel like the Ergo fit me either. I couldn't get the waist strap tight enough and I felt like I couldn't get baby close enough either (like they could lean too far back). The Becco fit me much better and that's what I used for DS2.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I couldn't stand the Ergo. I loved my Kinderpack, though.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no! I guess I'll have to sell. I don't remember hearing about this before! I should have thought that if it is one of those things that sits on the hips it might not work for me!

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I always wore my carriers high, by my belly button, especially for back carries. I wore them lower for front carries. My husband liked the Ergo because he wore it on his hips. I don't think I even used it twice before looking for something else.

I have bigger hips and a smaller waist and I love my tula. I had an ergo when DD was a baby (8 years ago), and it worked okay. I wear my tula cinched tight on my waist, and I try to get it as high as possible for back carries.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm short with a tiny waist and bigger hips. I liked the Beco waaaay better than Ergo.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I'm short with a tiny waist and bigger hips. I liked the Beco waaaay better than Ergo.
    I'm built similarly and couldn't get the Ergo to work either. Ended up with a Beco Gemini which I loved.