Question To replace my MBUD with Bob Dualie? details inside... Help needed!

I had posted a thread previously about how my seats on my MBUD broke and needed to replace them. Thanks to another poster I was able to buy the mb duo seats to fit with my urban double. Got the seats, very excited! Put them in... not excited anymore... Apparently with the seats suited for the Duo, the awning was taken into account because with my old UD single sunshade the seat lays MUCH to high and tall! My small 2 yo was reaching the sunshade!!! This would NOT do for a double for me. I am expecting to use this for at least another year for this kid and my baby...

Soooo, I figured out it was because the duo's sunshade is higher up by a good 4 inches. My first thought was to then buy the two new duo's sunshades to replace my single. However, it is not a sure thing it will fit and I will be out another $90 about, after spending about $130 for two seats and a new basket... Keep in mind this is all for a 2005 MBUD that I bought for $300 used about 4 years ago.

I am in such a quandry what to do! Should I pimp up this older stroller and spend close to $220 on replacing parts that may or may not work? Or return it all and buy a new stroller????? Then if I buy a new one: Do I go with the not as good quality (p&t made) MBD or go with Bob dualie flex (specifically that one cuz I need the adjustable handlebar)?

Or is there another option I am missing? I don't want to spend a huge amount of money, as we don't really have it.... I saw on amazon the bob we would like is $480 right now. That is quasi-reasonable option for me.

What to do? What would YOU do? Keeping in mind that a. I do love my MB 2. we are cash strapped right now 3. I need an option soon cuz my baby is almost 6 months and will not want to lay down flat for walks for many more months ;-)!

Please give me advice!!!!!

Just curious if not many readers post in this forum. Because I see lots of threads without any replies... Should I cross post in another forum to get replies or just wait a day ;-)?

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would be hesitant to replace more parts on your MBUD. I think the customer support just isn't there. I was in your place a few years ago (maybe 3??) and it was iffy then. I had luck with one knowledgeable tech. Several months later he was gone and nobody around was helpful at all. It is getting even more and more removed from the initial sale of MB to P&T! I also LOVE my MBUD. It is my favorite ever! Are there any used MBUD's available on your craigslist? I'm finding that the secret with used strollers is to only buy them if they are PERFECT. Less than perfect and they're just not worth it. I now have a perfect used MBUD from Craigslist. If you could find a perfect old MBUD that would be best case scenario! If that doesn't work for you, I'm not sure what step I would take. I think I would probably go with a BOB. Are you sure you need the adjustable handlebar? BOB Revolutions seem like such a good bet since they are so popular. If it doesn't end up being perfect for you you might be able to recoup some of your investment. Good luck.

I do need the adj handlebar cuz I'm 5'2" and my husband is 6'4"! ;-)

I agree abt the customer service. I just hope they will not give me problems with my return...

Thanks for your advice :-)

ebp913 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I think I'd go with the BOB too. You should be able to sell for $350ish when you are done with it too so the cost isn't that bad. I always hesitate to sink more money into a sinking ship.
    Wild life with 3 under 3... Growing up too fast

Just wanted to update: I LOVE MY BOB :-)

That's it!