TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Sippy cup recommendations?

I'm currently working with DD2 on a straw cup, but until she gets the hang of it, I'd also like to introduce a sippy. Any recs for a sippy? DD1 went straight to a straw with the help of her OT. We have some Take&Toss sippies. Are those the best option or should I look for something with a soft spout and/or a valve? What has worked well for you?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have used the take and toss and they are working well. DD1 just used a straw cup. DD2 can't use a straw and then swallow all of the milk/water. She ends up dribbling all over herself. The take and toss seem to be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DS is 9 months and so far have had the best luck with the nuk ones with the soft spouts. He doesn't get anything out of the hard spout/valve ones or the straw ones yet. Hoping with time he will figure them out since we have several kinds I would like to get at least a little use out of

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I tried a ton, and in the end, Take & Toss were by far the best. I didn't part with our last one till he was like 5, even though he'd separated from it long before that. That's how much I loved the Take & Toss.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.