DS really really wants to be potty trained. He keeps talking about wearing his superhero underwear, how he's a big boy, etc. All his friends at preschool are potty trained.

So 2 days ago we went cold turkey except for naps and overnight.

Yesterday, he had an accident at preschool while washing his hands after sitting on the toilet. Then he wet his diaper during nap, the teacher said it was a lot.

When we got home, he immediately told me he needed to go to the potty, and he was holding himself like he needed to really go. So I rushed him to the toilet and nothing. I let him sit for about 15 minutes then he cried to get up. As soon as we pulled his underwear and pants up - while we were still in the bathroom - he had an accident.

He did the same thing (asking to go, nothing happening after long period of time, then having an accident) in the bath last night.

This morning, he woke up and said he needed to go to the potty. His overnight diaper was dry. So I put him on, he sat for well over an hour, with nothing and then peed as soon as he pulled up his pjs.

So there's a pattern of him knowing he needs to go, but then not going on the toilet, then going as soon as his clothes get back on.

Help??!?!? Please don't say he's not ready. He and we really want this. I feel like we are one breakthrough away, but I don't know how to get there.