Default Plasma car, polyurethane wheels?

I think my mom's gift to the kids may be a plasma car for DS and a mini kick scooter for DD. She doesn't mind not getting them on sale. Amazon seems to have a plasma car with polyurethane wheels. Is that a good idea? Would they be better/more durable/less likely to scratch the floors than the plastic wheels? The price difference is negligible. The kids (6 and almost 3) will use the car inside (on our wood floors) during the winter and outside in good weather.

Here's the link to the car with poly wheels: PlasmaCar Blue - Polyurethane Wheels Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IUPZ5Y8..._3NGIub1BYJNSX

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We don't have it, but I think they would have liked that version more. They hated the wheels on the original.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wouldn't plan on using it both inside and outside if you like your wood floors. We haven't trued the polyurethane wheels but the original style pits a bit on rough surfaces and would likely scratch your floors when you brought it back inside.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with the above -- once used outside, they should stay outside. We got our ride-on toys for Christmas and the boys used them indoors until spring. They've been outdoors since then. (We have EzyRollers, not Plasma Cars. They are SO much better, IMO!)