Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    OK my 9 yo factory reconditioned original Dyson animal is limping along, but not doing as well as it used to. I think it's time to get a new one. I'm completely overwhelmed doing research on this! Anyone have an opinion if the dyson's are twin ill worth the extra $200-300? It looks like some other brands have gotten better bagless ones. The more research I do the more confused I get.
    have you replaced the filter down in the ball recently? ours was limping as well, but a new filter and that puppy is back at it full strength. just a thought.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC59-Ani...keywords=dyson

I got this one on a lightening deal. It is awesome.

Looks like they have a refurbished deal here
    http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC44-Ani...keywords=dyson
    so do you use it as your regular vacuum full time? or in addition to an upright or canister. my mom has one that I love, but wondering if that plus the dyson animal ball is overkill?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    so do you use it as your regular vacuum full time? or in addition to an upright or canister. my mom has one that I love, but wondering if that plus the dyson animal ball is overkill?
    I use it in addition. Quick jobs in kitchen. cleaning up christmas needles. Glass. (this is just what I used it for today)
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    have you replaced the filter down in the ball recently? ours was limping as well, but a new filter and that puppy is back at it full strength. just a thought.
    What do you mean "filter down in the ball"? I don't have a ball, are you talking about the ball at the bottom of some models? Mind doesn't have that. I have a HEPA filter thatyou take out and clean and let dry, I do. I've watched YouTube videos of how to clean out/tune up the Dyson and I've done everything I can find that is on mine. It does help some. The only thing left is to crack open the cyclone cones, which I don't think is a standard owner maintenance thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2