Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our tree is in the front of our house in the living room versus in the family room (where it's cozy and we prefer it but where we all hang out and where ds2 has access). It's a little sad but there was no way I was dealing with 17 month old versus tree for a month. I'm really hoping next year it can return to its normal spot. On the bright side it lights ups our front bay window and looks lovely from the street!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Our tree is still naked. Well, there's a stuffed animal shoved in it, if that counts. My older kids didn't mess with the tree at all when they were little, but my toddler is something else. I might put an unbreakable topper... When she's 15... At least in pictures, there's a tree in the background!

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We still haven't gotten a tree and I'm not looking forward to it. Last year was a nightmare and my 2 yo is 10 times more wild this year. My 4 year old touches everything, too. I think we're just doing lights and bows on it this year.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

*sigh* We managed fine the last 4 Christmases with resin, plastic, felt, and metal ornaments.

This is the first year I've put up breakable ornaments since DD arrived. Wish us luck! =)

OP - I feel the same way about our stockings, which get tied to our banister.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I had only unbreakable ornaments for years. Then we transitioned to fragile up high and kid safe low. Now it's all fair game. . When ds1 was 18m, we had a gate around the tree though. Ds2 never bothered the tree.

I somehow forgot that there was still a container of breakable ornaments that I typically don't bring up from storage. 85% of our ornaments are non-breakable after years of attrition and me getting smarter. Within five minutes of beginning trimming the tree, DS2 dropped a breakable one. I quickly whisked that set away and back into storage - though now I'm thinking I may just donate them. Even DS1 has dropped or messed with some non-breakable ones. I do want them to feel like they can look at and touch the ornaments and talk about the memories. Glass ornaments are disaster waiting to happen.
    But yes, for Ds3's first Christmas, I gave up and there were only lights and bows on the tree by the time Christmas rolled around. It's a parenting right of passage.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are in the same boat. DC is almost 4yo now. Until this year, we only put on non-breakable ornaments. This year we have non-breakables down low, and some nicer ones up top. We still left off anything glass including bulbs. The number of times the ornaments have been re-arranged is staggering. At least DC is entertained! My parents still regale us with many stories of my younger sibling climbing the tree and *eating* several ornaments with many ER trips. Ugh!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2