Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I feel your pain! We stopped flying home to be with my family for Christmas three years ago. I miss being with my family, but I also want my boys to be home for Christmas. I want them to wake up and see all of their stuff under the tree and to have our own family traditions. The first year we didn't go home was the hardest, but it gets easier each year. My DH hated flying to visit my family in winter (we live in So Cali, and my family is in Chicago), so he had no problems with us no longer going to visit my family.

OP, how is your visit going? I could have written this post. My mom totally griped at how short our visit was, but I realized this summer that she can't handle the chaos that my kids are for more than 5 days. It stinks to spend more than $3000 to have them be overwhelmed by us that quickly, so we're actually going to both families (12 hours apart) to make the flight worth it. But it is stressful and not fun. No one else has kids, so people don't get that we actually do need to eat breakfast before 9 am when they're up by 6:30, and bedtime can't be pushed back 2 hours every night without dire consequences. I fantasize about staying home for all of December. Basically, huge hugs to everyone else in this boat over the holidays!!!
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2