Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default i should never have asked.

I asked DH the other day what he wants for Christmas and he said he wants all his laundry folded straight from the dryer for a whole year. Ha, very funny. Yes, its true I suck at folding laundry and it usually sits in the basket for a while but I do get to his work uniforms right away so they aren't wrinkled.
    He brought it up again tonight, asking if thats what i would get for him. Now I'm feeling all grumpy and defensive about it. Because seriously I sit around all day doing nothing with all the free time i the world.....geesh. I told him laundry folding is his new household chore.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh WOW! Tell him you'll be researching laundry service prices and that you'll get him a quote. A year's worth of laundry might cost a little more than your typical Christmas gift, lol!

I can relate because I'm actually not too terrible about WASHING laundry but get very behind FOLDING laundry. It is so hard and you already have so much on your plate.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just say you'll be happy to make this the top priority; and he'll just have to wait for dinner/housecleaning/dishes/ect and make sure that you arrange the laundry to get done at a time when DH has to watch the kids while you turn on a show and quietly fold clothes, all by yourself. It could make for a nice break if you plan I right!

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Just say you'll be happy to make this the top priority; and he'll just have to wait for dinner/housecleaning/dishes/ect and make sure that you arrange the laundry to get done at a time when DH has to watch the kids while you turn on a show and quietly fold clothes, all by yourself. It could make for a nice break if you plan I right!
    This is a great idea. Merry Christmas petesgirl's DH!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Seriously! Honestly, I think this was a really passive aggressive and obnoxious request. I would be really annoyed. Like using a joyful giving season to complain about the workload/labor division.

Why are you responsible for folding HIS laundry? If he wants that, he can do it himself.

Has he asked you what you want for Christmas?
    Green Tea, mom to three

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I understand where he's coming from but it's a mean way to say it. Is just reply ok fine you get me that weekly cleaning lady and I'll think about it.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I get it, too, because my husband "suffers" from the same problem. Still, I'd be annoyed if he asked for that, and I'd tell him it's his job to put away his own laundry from now on. Maybe that would be MY Christmas request??

I already have an unpopular laundry rule for my kids (and husband) -- I don't fix inside-outs. If it goes into the hamper inside out, it gets hung/put away inside-out. There's only so much time and energy that I can devote to laundry.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

seriously? Um, I don't know what to say. If DH said something like that he'd get a gift card to folding his own clothes and a hamper for me to toss them into. Overarching policy (and it goes both ways) if you don't like how someone else does something, you are free to do it yourself.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'd make up a coupon for him that says: Surprise! You get your laundry folded directly out of the dryer for one year. Redeem to yourself, as you'll be doing your laundry for one year. Happy holidays!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast