Default Sucks to be deaf!

Usually I don't feel like this but man sometimes it sucks to be deaf!

Night before we came back home from a quick 2 night trip with the kids. We always take our bed alarm vibrator whenever we go away & anytime one of boys is in crib.

Night we came back home, I returned same set up in our bedroom to connect our alarm clock, signaler alert in DS2's room and the vibrator Shaker under our mattress. Well the vibrator shaker was under our mattress, but I forgot to CONNECT the thing to our alarm clock that night and went to bed asleep without any WAY of knowing whether DS2 cried overnight?!?

When DS1 woke me up yesterday morning, telling me it's time to get up Cuz DS2 is up and crying, I panicked after realizing it all. Luckily DS2 is fine but for all I know, he could have been crying and went back to asleep?!? Ugh he had been STTN for about 6 weeks now.

Of course last night didn't sleep well, as kept waking up every so often to check on my alarm and making sure it's working the way it should. Now feeling tired, fed up and guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

aww hugs! You are amazing!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Hugs. So stinks to get thrown off your game like that.

I get it. But don't beat yourself up if your little one cried one night. He'll be just fine and will never remember. Accidents happen I'm sure you're an awesome mommy!
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Try to get some rest and do not even sweat the one night without the alarm!
    DD
    DS

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hugs Mama. He won't even remember. Don't beat yourself up over this. You are a great Mom, these things happen.

You are an amazing mom. Don't beat yourself up about it. In the end even with a little crying your child was fine.

On another note a linkedin connection of mine recently started working for a company that makes an app that alerts deaf people about important environmental sounds. In looking to see what her new co did I thought of you due to that great thread you started awhile back. Their website mentioned how the founder got the idea because he was traveling with a deaf colleague who takes her hearing aids out at night which prior to your thread I would not have realized that people did that and why.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksmomtobe View Post
    You are an amazing mom. Don't beat yourself up about it. In the end even with a little crying your child was fine.

On another note a linkedin connection of mine recently started working for a company that makes an app that alerts deaf people about important environmental sounds. In looking to see what her new co did I thought of you due to that great thread you started awhile back. Their website mentioned how the founder got the idea because he was traveling with a deaf colleague who takes her hearing aids out at night which prior to your thread I would not have realized that people did that and why.
    Thanks to all for your kind comments! You're absolutely right in that it just one of those days and not to beat myself up over it.

I would love to have the link to website you're mentioned about the app? Something that sounds like something to check out for me! You can post here or PM me. I'm very fortunate to live in a world where technology and access helps me and other deaf people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14