Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

DS (10 months) is happily playing with his new squeaky blocks. DH and I are looking forward to family vacation in lieu of gifts which we leave for in just over a week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Winners in 2014

Hits:
    Dd1 (8): cake pop maker, Monopoly, edible chocolate edition of Candyland (this was from the white elephant exchange on Xmas Eve), and Maleficient DVD; she already watched it before we got up!

Dd2 (4): Melissa and Doug lacing boards, paint by numbers, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse chapter books, and Toy Story Andy, Jessie, Buzz, and Bullseye toys. Elf movie (we are watching it now)

DH (40): LL Bean hoodie, LL Bean shirts, and a Dunkin Donuts large coffee mug, and t shirt that says: Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks (Dunkin Donuts is new to our area, but DH loved it on a few trips to the east coast)

Me (37): Michael Kors red wool jacket from DH, Macy's gift card
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-25-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

DS1 (8): safe. Yes, a real safe (the toy ones got terrible reviews). He's also been writing in his new diary, as well as reading Minecraft manuals and the "House of Robots" book.

DS2 (5): Electronic Battleship, puzzle, Minecraft Lego

No real misses. It has been so quiet and peaceful all morning long, I love it!!!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Micro Kickboard Sprites are a big hit here, the girls have been riding all over the house and in the backyard! They are REALLY nice scooters!

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    What did your kids like??

DS1 was UNBELIEVEABLE excited to get to go to San Francisco -- guess my mom didn't ruin it!

DS2 was disappointed for a while -- has since recovered -- this is typical and always upsets me. I think he gets tired and overwhelmed. Plus he wanted stuff he didn't get.
    DD (my second) had a meltdown mid-opening gifts and we just told her she could play with what she had and didn't have to open anymore and that is what she did until she was ready to open more. She recovered okay. Christmas is HARD on little ones.

DS -- age 7 -- loves his hexbugs and his vtech RC dino, and his bunjo chair. He's barely touched anything else to focus on these two. The Polar Book Express book got a big thrill when opened, but time will tell if it is read and read or not. For the RC Dino, luckily we have a laminate floor. It is NOT supposed to run on carpetting at all. He has also played his Lego Movie DS twice so far (The first time to the DS needing recharging)

DD -- age 3 -- LOVES her brother's hexbugs and vtech RC dino and bunjo chair. When we can convince her they are not for her, she also loves her dinosaur house, build-a-bear Toothless dragon (and the backpack that came with it, though the backpack doesn't fit Toothless). Pick-a-dog game and Spot it! Frozen (MOM loves Spot it! too) We'll see about the rest when she has a chance to play with them. She's been a bit overwhelmed with Christmas this year. The BIGGEST hit is the http://www.amazon.com/Kidoozie-G0240...rds=pogo+stick Kidoozie Foam Pogo Jumper that has travelled ALL over the place since we got it.

Both kids devoured their candy cane of chocolate.
    Last edited by vonfirmath; 12-25-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

DD was thrilled with her bike, so we were pretty happy about that. Now DH & I need to get bikes so we can all ride together.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I have finally stopped giving them extra things that "I" think they'll like and sticking to the reasonable things on their lists and only getting "sure thing" extras. There seems to be no misses this year. It was a big "idevice" day here and everyone is happy. Also got a Roku for the playroom tv as they constantly use the one in the main room in lieu of going through the xbox in the playroom. They were all happy with that one. Peaceful day with happy kids and tired parents.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Ds2- The $2 inflatable boxing gloves were a hit. . The Harry Potter wand has been great too. I think he likes his Wii Amiibos too.
    Ds1- all about Super Smash Bros.

DD loves her Tinkertoys, Pop Arty beads and Legos, she keeps asking to use her Lush bath bombs, and has gone through a set of batteries in her bubble gun. She was less than thrilled about her big kid bike from Santa
    E, Mama to "BabyDoll" 4/2011

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by IansMom View Post
    DS (age 5) has loved everything so far. The biggest hit is the Discovery Kids Tornado Lab http://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Kids.../dp/B0094THAPQ that I picked up on a whim at HomeGoods. His reaction "Santa gave me the power of a tornado!" He also loves Snap Circuits Jr.
    I picked this up at TJMaxx about 6 months ago and ds has played with it all day! He's about to pop to put something in there, so we put food coloring. Definitely a hit!
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast