Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I'm tired of everyone asking me for favors!

In the last week I've been asked to watch a sick child for the day (because both parents work), take a child to an after school event because their other ds has a game and they both parents really want to go, drop another child at school in the morning because "that's the only time I could get an appointment to have my oil changed"!

I'm just over it! It's not like any of these people are real friends, all acquaintances who I don't do anything social with. I am all about helping out people when they are in a bind but that is not the case in any of these instances. I'm sorry that your child is sick , but when you decided both parents are going to work then you need a backup plan . One that doesn't include sending her to my house for the day when she's tested positive for the flu and I have other kids here. And I know that your ds really wants to go to the after school event but I had made plans to have dinner with my family before and honestly I just don't want an extra child with us.

Gripe over

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Carp! A child with FLU that isn't your own or a closeclose relation? (like if my sister (i don't have a sister) was my best friend and a single mom and our mother was dead or in another continent AND she would lose her job which was the only one she could possible have..........then maybe it would be a reasonable request?)

people really feel entitled , don't they? i would expect big favors in return from these people! why do they think they can even ask? terrible!

Aishe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    I'm sorry that your child is sick , but when you decided both parents are going to work then you need a backup plan . One that doesn't include sending her to my house for the day when she's tested positive for the flu and I have other kids here.
    This is unbelievable. I hope you said no! No way no how would I do that for an acquaintance.

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I hope you are saying no to these people! I know a teacher who posts on FB looking for people to watch her sick kids- most recently she posted asking for someone to watch her two vomiting kids!!! People are unreal.

npace19147 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Are you saying yes to these people? If so, and you feel taken advantage of, then you need to stop being accommodating. Practice saying no. "No, I can't help out, sorry." No explanation needed, just no.
    Nancy, mom to

DD1 5/04 and DD2 3/07

Well I did say no to one of them and yes you are absolutely right, I need to learn to say NO! I am just shocked that they are asking me in the first place .

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the heck is wrong with people? That's ballsy. Did they ask you to scrub their toilets too?

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    In the last week I've been asked to watch a sick child for the day (because both parents work).......... when she's tested positive for the flu and I have other kids here.
    That. Is. Nuts. The child tested positive for the flu and they wanted to drop them off at your house.....

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow. I would ask no one on earth to watch my kids with the flu under any circumstances! That is truly unbelievable. I'm sure you feel tKen advantage of...don't feel a bit bad saying no!
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

I know it's the BP, but other than the flu one (which is nuts and I feel sorry for that kid) I don't think these are a huge deal. But I don't have a problem saying no. "Sorry, that won't work for me" said politely is the magic phrase.

I did a drop off and a pickup for two different boys this week, and one of them had to get dropped off 45 minutes early, so I'm talking from real world experience.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast