Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Irresponsible disney behavior

I'm planning my first trip to Disney and have become addicted to stalking trip reports on the disboards. I've never posted there - just read - so when I read this trip report today I had to talk about it somewhere. Basically, this trip report was all about the trip to DW and how hard it was cause they had the flu. Not just a cold, but seen by a doctor and diagnosed with influenza A. They proceeded to tell about the motels they stayed in during the drive down and the restaurants they stopped to eat at (including a McDonald's where their kid with influenza threw up in the parking lot and they used the McDonald's restroom to clean him up). They arrived at disney still having fevers and instead of staying in their room they went to the parks because they couldn't wait to see the Christmas decorations!!!! I honestly couldn't read anymore. When I think of all the people they knowing exposed at a time when kids are DYING from the flu, I just can't believe people would be so irresponsible. It would be one thing if you were just comming down with it and really didn't know what you had/thought it was just a cold, but to know and still do all those things. As someone who is planning to take my 2 year old in a few weeks, I'm actually angry. Thanks for listening.

Edited to add link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....247092&page=11
    Last edited by Chitowngirl; 01-09-2015 at 06:39 AM.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow, what a jerk. What makes him so much more important than the thousands of people he put at risk?
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

The sickest I can ever remember being was the December three years ago that we went down to Disney World. We were amazed how many people would openly cough and sneeze and never cover their faces! It happened all the time! They'd turn and cough right in your face in line! We tried to be diligent with the sanitizing and washing but it didn't help. My husband caught the flu while we were down there and spent the last three days in the room while I took care of him. My Mom and son stayed in a different room so they continued the trip. I caught it on the trip home and can't remember a time I felt so sick. We were lucky that my DS never got it. Good luck and keep yourself and your family healthy. I don't want to scare you, just be aware that like the people in your post, there are those that only care about their own experience and don't think how it could affect others.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That whole post is just appalling to me. The way he talks about not letting the other family beat them, so he's speeding down the highway. Very responsible. Then he tell of how the Wendy's worker put his used cup in the ice bin to get more ice. Disgusting. But it all seems like one big joke of a story to this guy.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't use hand sanitizers too often, but I have to admit we used hand sanitizer/wipes/washed hands constantly when we went to Disney. Disney parks are really clean but there is no way they can protect people from all those germs. I cannot imagine wanting to be at Disney feeling sick with the flu. It really boggles my mind. What an a$$.

That is awful! I just don't understand such irresponsible, selfish behavior. I'm sure they infected many people.

I once lost a bunch of friends over a similar issue. A "friend" posted on FB how she took her sick DD to the zoo (day 5 of 102+ fever! What a trooper at the zoo). She posted 20 pics of her DD on everything at the zoo...train, carousel, photo areas, touching everything. I called her out and said that if her DD was too sick to go to school, she was too sick to go to the zoo. And now she was inconsiderate for not thinking that others might not want their kids exposed. She bashed me on FB and sent me some very nasty texts. Then I lost a whole bunch of friends. Whatever.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Did you know that an outbreak of Measles (9 cases at last count) was linked to a visit to Disneyland in December. We have been very fortunate in our numerous trips there we've never gotten sick. I suppose people pay a lot of money to go there, so they aren't going to let disease stop them. It's very unfortunate.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yet another reason I am not running to Disney any time soon. At all. Would love to avoid it entirely it possible. What an irresponsible jerk!!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 94bruin View Post
    Did you know that an outbreak of Measles (9 cases at last count) was linked to a visit to Disneyland in December. We have been very fortunate in our numerous trips there we've never gotten sick. I suppose people pay a lot of money to go there, so they aren't going to let disease stop them. It's very unfortunate.
    I have an annual pass and go to Disneyland all the time. We were actually in Disneyland in December so news of the outbreak freaks me out. DD actually got sick the friday after we went to Disneyland and fortunately it was some sort of weird 1 day bug. But if I had known about the measles outbreak back in December, I was have been really freaked out.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The part that especially gets me is I swear he says they are staying for 6 weeks? Did I read that wrong? So why wouldn't you wait until you were better,in a few days, to head to the park???
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast