Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    So this is a Fun Run. I actually feel a lot better about it now after reading through replies. I sent the girls' teachers an email just to remind them that our kids are going to get tired/achy very quickly because of the bone condition, so to let them rest when necessary. They've already replied back "of course!" and noted that the girls are such troopers when it comes to this. I told the girls that it will be for fun, to get exercise, and to try their best (they aren't aware of their medical condition causing any limitations even though it does cause some physical limitation). I did not pledge any money and made myself not feel guilty about it since we have already donated for the year. And my mom is going to go cheer them on.

win-win! Thanks for listening!!
    This sounds great!! I hope your girls have fun!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So this ended up going really well. My mom was able to go, which really perked up the girls and she even ran with them for a few laps. The weather was gorgeous, and the track was TINY. I didn't realize they'd make a separate tiny track for the Kindergartners. They also made it lots of fun, with water stations and lots of music and two big inflatable tunnel "checkpoints" for motivation. So, the girls totally ran all the required laps. They were super tired and cranky that evening, and still have sore legs, but they had a great time (nothing like running to Taylor Swift, LOL!)! Yay!

Also, my mom saw other parents cheating and making their kids cut laps or marking down more laps than they actually ran...I really hope my kids didn't see that.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

So this ended up going really well. My mom was able to go, which really perked up the girls and she even ran with them for a few laps. The weather was gorgeous, and the track was TINY. I didn't realize they'd make a separate tiny track for the Kindergartners. They also made it lots of fun, with water stations and lots of music and two big inflatable tunnel "checkpoints" for motivation. So, the girls totally ran all the required laps. They were super tired and cranky that evening, and still have sore legs, but they had a great time (nothing like running to Taylor Swift, LOL!)! Yay!

Also, my mom saw other parents cheating and making their kids cut laps or marking down more laps than they actually ran...I really hope my kids didn't see that.
    I'm glad it went well!

Our school passes out silly bands for each lap. The teachers hand them out as their kids go by. Ours, including kindergarten, run on the 1/4 mile track. They go 30 minutes and don't have a set number of laps to do. DS1 did 10 as a 5th grader, but also did an additional 6 with the kindergarteners - helping cheer them on. DD did 7 laps and DS2 did 6 laps. They have a lot of fun.
    Kris

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm glad it went so well!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3