boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default help! Triple paste on my CDs!

DH put Triple Paste on DD and then put a cloth diaper on her...twice. He did it with a BG pocket diaper with a prefold on top(he doesn't deal with CDs often) and then with a kissaluvs fitted (cotton/fleece) blend. Can I salvage these? How should I go about washing them?

We used Triple Paste and cloth diapers together with no problems. Where did you hear TP ruins cloth diapers?
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    We used Triple Paste and cloth diapers together with no problems. Where did you hear TP ruins cloth diapers?
    The store I bought them from gave me a little pamphlet that said not to use zinc oxide based diaper creams on them. Good to hear you used them together with no problems! I have dealt with build up issues with dipes before and do not want to go through that again!

If it's an issue, I use the Bum Genius instructions for stripping my diapers, cut and pasted from their website:

Wash once in hot water with one teaspoon (for high efficiency machines) to one tablespoon (for regular washing machines) with original liquid Dawn (blue formula).
    Do two additional hot water washes with no detergent to completely rinse the diapers clean. If you still see suds, keep rinsing until the diapers are rinsed clean.

That process has always worked for me, even when DH gets ointment on the dipes! =)
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

Thanks! I did scrub the affected dopes with Dawn, so hopefully there will not be an issue, but if there is, I will try that method.