KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default I'm tired of people who think the rules don't apply to them

It's so frustrating. We had a payment due on Wednesday. Everyone but one paid. We told her fine, pay Thursday. She didn't, but promised to drop it at the school by 3pm today. I went at 3:10...nothing. I came home to an email saying she'd be there before 4pm for sure. I went back and stayed until 4pm at which time I had to leave to be home for my kids to get off the bus. Still nothing. I don't know why this is so hard. The due date has been the same since mid November. If I were the head coach, I'd tell her it's too late, but I'm not. I'm just tired of dealing with this.
    Kris

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I hear ya! Finally got a payment today from over two months ago... Now dealing with a late registration. Said it was sent Monday but no sign of it.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I completely get it. My DH has a home business in addition to his "day job". It's so had to collect, sometimes! Does no one understand that I can't pay OUR bill and helpers on time if I don't get PAID on time?

And her making you waste your time waiting? Completely unacceptable. I wish you could bill her for the time!

Do try to remember it's not the kid's fault, even if the parent it a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post

Do try to remember it's not the kid's fault, even if the parent it a pain in the butt.
    Yes, and that's why we allow the due date to get pushed back by her. I just went through all our health and rules forms that all the kids needed to turn in. And of course, neither of her kids have turned them in yet. Two others are missing as well. These were due Wednesday as well.
    Kris

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You are so much nicer than me. I would have gone home and made her bring it to me there.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default I'm tired of people who think the rules don't apply to them

That's why I always pad due dates. I assume people will be 3-5 days late so I don't really care when they miss my "due" date and ask for an extension. Eta but that totally stinks that she was a no show!! What a waste of time!

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    That's why I always pad due dates. I assume people will be 3-5 days late so I don't really care when they miss my "due" date and ask for an extension. Eta but that totally stinks that she was a no show!! What a waste of time!
    We have to have it turned in by the 25th. There is time. We have about 2 hours of paper work to fill out before that. And without having money, it's hard to be 100% sure they are committed, so we don't want to fill out paper work until it's all set. We do have time, but it's just annoying.

We have a practice tomorrow, and I emailed her telling her to bring it. I have not heard from her. We'll see if she does. Otherwise, I'll guess Tuesday when we get back to school. For all I know it's at school in the office, but she hasn't told me that.
    Kris

I went up to the school this morning. She did come on Friday, but not until 4:20, which is well after the promised 4pm time. By then, my kids were off the bus and home. So it sat there all weekend. She never even responded to let me know it was there or to apologize for making me go multiple times to get it.

Of course, there are 3 forms that need to be turned in and she didn't have those with the check. Again, everyone else has turned theirs in. I'm making copies today, so now she can turn in 4 copies of them because I am not going back to make more copies!
    Kris