Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Not a b-tch really. Just needed to share.

My DH and I have been trying to get pregnant for a year with no success. My period is now two days late. I have taken three pregnsncy tests and they have all been negative. My head wishes it would just hurry up and come already because every hour it doesn't come I hold out this tiny hope that I'm pregnant which means I am going to be even more disappointed when it does come. My heart hopes it won't come and I really am pregnant - but I know that's not realistic and I'm just going to end up sad. I hate this waiting...

I'm so sorry! I've been in your position, and it's really hard! I know this is the BP, so feel free to disregard this if you like, but I was about to go on fertility drugs when I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility

Taking Charge of Your Fertility, 10th Anniversary Edition: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060881909..._hyBUub1VMA7CN

and learned how to tell when I was ovulating. I don't know why my OB couldn't have shared what was in that book, but after I read it, I went on to have two children both conceived within three months of starting to try. This was after a year of no pregnancy, a miscarriage, and another year (six months of recovery and six of trying) before reading the book and getting pregnant on month three. I recommend this book to everyone who's trying to conceive.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ugg sorry soooo btdt. Hugs. and wishing you positive things!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

TTC can be so stressful. I've been in your situation waiting on a late period and know exactly what you mean about heart and head. Hugs.
    Lizi

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just lots and lots of hugs and positive vibes to you. One of my favorite quotes is Winston Churchill - "Never, never, never give up." I know it's painful but hope is an amazing thing. All good things to you Mama!!!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

I hated the waiting! Good luck.

umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The wait is so hard, you have my sympathy.
    This month I was 5 days late, and I'm never more than a day late. Exactly 10 minutes after I finally broke down and bought a pregnancy test, my period started- grrrr.
    I second the suggestion to look into the ideas in TCOYF, I know this is a bp, but I feel like that made a big difference for us and I wish every woman knew this info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks for all the support. It finally came. It's weird how you can expect it but still be disappointed. So will try again. Will also look for that book.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Hugs. We had issues with ttc baby 2, it took us six months and looking back a lot of it was stress where as DD1 was within 2 months of getting off the pill, and DD2 wasn't planned (four months post loss of baby 2, and I pretty much knew I was pregnant the minute we were done as I was charting on MyMonthlyPlanner.com). I had a few late periods as well and nothing with baby 2. I truly think me not really knowing I wanted to have a second child was part of the issue as DH was trying to convince me we really needed a second child and I was happy with having an only.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast