mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default This day needs to end now.

I'm sick and my 3 girls are sick with seemingly different variations of the same cold - fever, cough, runny nose. They all feel pretty miserable, as do I. DS was the only one who went to school and came home convinced he is sick. Temperature is still normal so I'm hoping he is fine. The girls and I hung out at home all day resting and watching TV. It's now late afternoon/early evening and there are 3 hours to go until I can start bedtime. They are all getting cranky and bored. I have no energy to entertain them. DD3's fever has been really slow to come down. Been alternating Tylenol and Advil all afternoon hoping to finally get her down to a normal temp. DH is OOT. Ugh. I somehow need to muster up the strength to get through the final stretch and really hope the kids start to feel better soon.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeys_mom View Post
    I'm sick and my 3 girls are sick with seemingly different variations of the same cold - fever, cough, runny nose. They all feel pretty miserable, as do I. DS was the only one who went to school and came home convinced he is sick. Temperature is still normal so I'm hoping he is fine. The girls and I hung out at home all day resting and watching TV. It's now late afternoon/early evening and there are 3 hours to go until I can start bedtime. They are all getting cranky and bored. I have no energy to entertain them. DD3's fever has been really slow to come down. Been alternating Tylenol and Advil all afternoon hoping to finally get her down to a normal temp. DH is OOT. Ugh. I somehow need to muster up the strength to get through the final stretch and really hope the kids start to feel better soon.
    Sounds miserable! I've been there. The last few hours are the absolute worst. Here's hoping all your sick kids felt extra tired and went to bed early and that you are resting now!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

{{{HUGS}}} I hope that you are all better soon. As much as it sucks, sometimes it's better for everyone to just get it over with, instead of it spreading and lasting for weeks as each different family member gets it. Lots of fluids, soup and rest. We usually buy chicken noodle soup at panera or bob evan's when we're too sick to cook.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the commiseration. Girls were all asleep by 7:30pm which is really early for them. DS was very perplexed that I was showered and ready for bed at 8pm. He was quite sympathetic when I told him that I was just really not feeling well and gave me a hug. It was quite sweet . I was asleep by 9pm. Kids slept much better than the night before. I feel a million times better today. Sent DS and DD2 to school as they are both fever-free. DD1 is still pretty miserable and feverish but she came down with the virus last so I guess it is still running it's course. DD3 stayed home because she still had a low fever this morning but she seems fine and was playing on her scooter outside, so clearly has energy. One of my neighbors picked up some groceries for me today and luckily I had made a soup on Sunday so we've been eating lots of that. Feeling much more optimistic today that we are at the tail end of this misery.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6