Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sigh....Tardies

Default Sigh....Tardies

Crap!!!! They are holding DS's report card and I got called into the principal's office because we had too many tardies this quarter. It's my fault. I just need to get up and going 5 minutes earlier for heck's sake. Yes, all he is missing is the opening prayer before announcements at the morning assembly. But rules are rules.

I think I got called to the office once as a kid. And now I get to go as an adult. This is embarrassing--I am on the PTA executive committee and a room mom. Yeesh. It's like getting a speeding ticket and you know the police officer.

Sigh.....
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I feel for you, b/c it is so easy to lose those 5 minutes.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

I am ashamed to admit that I got called on this last year (or the year before....it's all a blur). It's embarrassing and somewhat ridiculous, but rules are rules. Now I just get my butt in gear a little faster....sometimes without my makeup, but that's the price to pay. Sorry you're going through this too.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had to get everyone going a full 45 min earlier to remedy this. That took the rushing out of it a bit. I struggle all the time!
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

That stinks. I hate it when it's something in my control that is just so hard to control!
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    That stinks. I hate it when it's something in my control that is just so hard to control!
    Yes, this. But the good news is, I bumped everything up by 5 mins this morning and we were there totally on time. It is true--I am late to almost everything. Not hours. But 5 mins to meetings, 15 mins to play dates, etc etc. Have been all my life. I hate being early--always trying to squeeze in one more thing. Busted.

My goal is to just maintain my new 5 minutes earlier schedule for the rest of the year. (at least to cut the number of tardies in half--I say the #s and it really is an increase over last year. Not ok)
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Yes, this. But the good news is, I bumped everything up by 5 mins this morning and we were there totally on time. It is true--I am late to almost everything. Not hours. But 5 mins to meetings, 15 mins to play dates, etc etc. Have been all my life. I hate being early--always trying to squeeze in one more thing. Busted.

My goal is to just maintain my new 5 minutes earlier schedule for the rest of the year. (at least to cut the number of tardies in half--I say the #s and it really is an increase over last year. Not ok)
    I work REALLY hard to be on time but like you I HATE being early to stuff! That definitely means I cut it close and/or run late for certain things!

Good for you for figuring it all out! Here's hoping you'll be on time for the rest of the year.

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I also struggle being late everywhere. It's jokingly genetic ... my family (parents, sisters and their families) is known as the late family with our extended family and friends. It's been a lifelong curse. What I find helps me a lot is that I set a LOT of alarms on my iPhone. Seriously, I think I have around four just for our relatively easy rush to the bus in the morning. One to wake up, then I'll snooze that once (DS is a *hard* sleeper), then I have a 20 minute warning before we HAVE to leave for the bus, then a 10 minute warning before we have to leave, and then the last one when we should be walking out the door. Yeah, it's annoying and it makes my two mini dogs nuts (they go with me every single dropoff and pickup, so they're associating the alarm sound with going for a car ride and a few sniffs around the front yard) plus keeps me glued to my phone (which is normal anyway), but it actually has really helped me get us out the door on time. I use it myself for important personal appointments too.

Toba--I am contemplating the use of my phone to set multi alarms. Thanks for letting me know how you use yours.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05

I have alarms for the morning set in my phone, culminating in the ten minute before have to leave and drop dead need to be in the car now! It is a frenzy the last ten. I totally use the alarm to get kids going too or time could slip away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast