Default should I cancel the whole thing?

We have plans to go to WDW this feb. we arrive president's day and are staying for 3 nights. I'm reading on websites about how busy it will be since it's president's day (week), Mardi gras and some half-marathon event is going on. I'm getting nervous about how busy it will be. Should I cancel the whole thing?

I have the plan tickets, the hotel reservations on site and the park tickets. Haven't made any restaurant reservations or ride fast pass arrangements yet. Am I too late?

Why not try making reservations and FP assignments before deciding?

It it will be crowded, that's for sure. But canceling sounds like a major bummer. Losing plane fare, disappointing kids, etc.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Figure out what activities are what days in what parks and plan accordingly. Pres. Day was always going to be super busy. I wouldn't cancel bc of the extra stuff.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We went that week last year (maybe Tues - Friday?) and it was fine. Yes, it was crowded, but we had our plan and didn't wait in lines really. I would recommend getting there before rope drop, as the mornings just aren't that crowded. And we avoided the parks that had extra magic hours. Totally doable. Just do your research first - know what to get fastpasses for, what to do first thing, and be ok if you might have a few moderate waits. Still worth it IMHO!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would highly recommend getting (and using) a subscription to touringplans.com. You can make a touring plan for every day of your trip, where you tell it what you want to see, how many hours you have and roughly how fast you want to go, and they give you a plan that minimizes your time spent in line. We've done several Disney trips, mostly in the off season, so we usually don't use a detailed plan. But the one time we did, we were amazed at how well it worked.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011