View Poll Results: How frequently does your school age LO buy a school lunch?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • rarely/never

14 37.84%
  • 1-2 times per week

12 32.43%
  • 3-4 times per week

0 0%
  • frequently/ almost every day

9 24.32%
  • other

3 8.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default How frequently does your school age LO buy a school lunch?

Just as the title says...how frequently does your school age child order a school lunch?

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

They buy about 2-3 times a month.
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

1-2 times/ week. Wish it were more. The school (charter) has a fabulous menu and the quality of ingredients are top notch.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mine are in 3rd and 5th grade and have NEVER bought school lunch. I really wish they would agree to once in a while, so I'd get a break from making them! We are vegetarian, so only have a few entee choices to pick from on the menu.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Daily.

When I only had one kid in school and I wasn't working, I let him buy lunch 2x/week. He'd circle the days he wanted to buy on the calendar, and I'd pack a lunch the other days.

Now with two in school and me working, I don't ever pack a lunch. My 5yo (in K) asks for a packed lunch once every couple of months, so my husband makes it for him. Both my boys LOVE the school lunches.

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Once a week.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

1-2x a weekly. Our school lunches are ok (the soups are made in house) but the rest feels only so so on quality and seems to consist of pizza ingredients served a variety of ways. Pizza, pizza dippers, moz sticks with dipping sauce, breadsticks w dipping sauce. DD1 is picky and won't eat Taco Tuesday, turkey and gravy, any of the sub sandwiches, etc. So we read the week's items and she picks. Rarely does she ever like more than 2 items in one week. And when I pack I know how much she's eating because I see if anything leftover returns home at the end of the day. When she buys I have no idea what or how much of it gets each.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

DS is in kindergarten and up until about October, he brought his lunch daily. Then he wanted to buy lunch, so he has been doing that every day. I don't really care for the school lunches, but this isn't a battle that I am willing to fight with him. Plus, it ultimately makes my life easier.

My guy refuses, which really bothers me! Our school nutrition is FANTASTIC! We try to eat healthfully, but the school has me beat big time. The kids grow lots of their own vegetables in the school garden, and everything else, including meat, comes as often as possible from local farms. Everything there is home made, nothing processed. There are always vegan and gluten free options, and they still manage to make kid-appealing foods. If I could eat there daily, I absolutely would!!!

DS has had school lunch three times so far this year. The third time was a consequence of his dawdling and making me too late to pack his lunch in the morning, so it was sort of a punishment. Poor child had to eat his school lunch choice of whole wheat pizza with a salad, fruit, and milk. He ate it and enjoyed it but still doesn't want to buy school lunch. Sigh.

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS1 buys daily and has since Kindergarten. He's in 10th grade now. He buys two lunches!

DS2 has just started buying 1-2x a week. I hate packing lunches.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast