SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Very minor *itch- DVR broke

Our DVR bit the dust unexpectedly and we lost all of our season passes. I have no ideas what all we had. We've had the DVR for 4 years and have accumulated so many seasons worth of shows. It's going to be so tedious. Maybe I'll delegate to DH.

I know, I'm low tech with a DVR.

cmo is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Awww, that stinks! I too would be majorly bummed if that happened. Hope it works out OK, maybe there is something to salvage?

That SUCKS!!!! I used to have an app that I used exclusively just to keep a favorites list of all the shows and movies I liked. It made redoing a new DVR or finding a favorite movie/old tv show to watch on Netflix or the like much easier. I don't have the app anymore, though. I think they "improved" it to such an extent that it was unusable. There might be some other app that could do that, though. Maybe as you reschedule everything, which I know is a major PITA, you could make a list or something. I think asking your DH do it is a good idea!

Keeping a list is a smart idea. Thanks!
    I wish that I could set all passes now but it won't let me set ones for shows that aren't on now/ the next few weeks. I can't have it set up the newest Amazing Race, for example, since it isn't on the list. Now I'll have to pay attention to when seasons start. A challenge as we rarely watch certain networks except for the limited shows.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is it online? Comcast has the option to do everything online so I would hope it's there.

I've lost my shows a few times. It's a pain
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Is it online? Comcast has the option to do everything online so I would hope it's there.

I've lost my shows a few times. It's a pain
    If it is, we never set it up. But, I can log in and look.

!@**!@ I hate our provider's site!! They have 2 departments, one starting website. If I log in from the front page, it kicks me to the other department. I am stuck in a horrible loop and can't get to the TV section! Plus, it constantly logs me out and asks me to log in again every new page!

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That sucks. Last time we moved we lost everything. I feel your pain.
    DS age 9

This just happened to us...DVR receiver died and now everything is gone.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

DH is a super geek. We've had our own homegrown full house DVR for over 10 years now. He has it down now, but for a while in the early years he'd regularly do something that would wipe out hours of viewing or we'd go a week or more where everything I thought was recorded was corrupted.

I love it and am totally spoiled by his geekdom most of the time, but it was hard not to get really PO'd at him over some pathetic tv programming.