Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Goodnites vs. Underjams vs. Up and Up Target brand

So I'm getting really tired of 38 pound, 40 inch DS1 leaking through his overnight 3T-4T pull-ups at least 3 times a week. We need to find something more absorbent. I bought a small package of Goodnites (size S/M) and they seem to work better. However I've done some price comparison and UnderJams seem cheaper. But the cheapest are Target's Up and Up version. (Can't even remember what they're called.) Anyone use Targets version of Goodnites/Underjams? Do they work as well as the others? Since DS1 just turned 4 and has never been dry a night of his life, I know I'm looking at months if not years of purchasing something to hold all the pee. Let me know what works the best. All this laundry and changing the sheets on his double bed up against a corner is driving me crazy!
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

If you're not averse to using an actual diaper, we have been having luck with pampers size sevens.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We use the under jams. Ds is 6, and we had the same issue with a wet bed. I might look into the pampers. Are they cheaper? I didn't realize target has a size as big as the under jams?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by amom526 View Post
    If you're not averse to using an actual diaper, we have been having luck with pampers size sevens.

Thanks for the suggestions, but that won't work. When we day trained DS1 at 2.5, we threw out the diapers and never looked back. In hindsight I wish I had continued to use them for nighttime instead of switching to a pullup because diapers are so much cheaper. But we wanted to show him what a "big boy" he was that he wasn't using diapers anymore, even though there is actually no difference besides price! So at this point there is no way he would agree to going back to a diaper after being diaper-free for 1.5 years. I've learned my lesson though, when we potty train DS2 we will keep him in diapers at night.
    spoiled wife
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

You can tape the diapers, then pull on like pull ups. You can also pull up and down just like the pull up.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Rarick0 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I've used the Underjams with both my boys with great success. Neither one was consistently dry at age 4 so still needed something. Best prices I found for them was Amazon. My younger son sounds similar in size to yours and we found that the largest pull-ups for night time were a tad small for all the pee but several of the night pants were a bit big on his little booty. The Underjams in size 7 have been best fitting by far.

jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I switched to the Target brand when they didn't have under jams in DS's size last time. They work great! Like them better than the under jams.

good to know! they are actually a good bit more expensive. amazon has the UnderJams for $17.77 #46 and target has their brand at $15.49 #31.

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    good to know! they are actually a good bit more expensive. amazon has the UnderJams for $17.77 #46 and target has their brand at $15.49 #31.
    Didn't see the Amazon $2 off coupon when I was calculating costs! Thanks for pointing that out. I think I'll order some Under Jams tonight. At $17.77 for 46, they're barely more expensive than Pull Ups.
    spoiled wife
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

Quote Originally Posted by jren View Post
    I switched to the Target brand when they didn't have under jams in DS's size last time. They work great! Like them better than the under jams.
    Glad they work as well as the name brand. If I can't get an Under Jam coupon, these sound like a great option.
    spoiled wife
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast