Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Please come get your child

Dear neighbor,

You were in a bind so I agree to get your child from the bus along with my child. Your train should've arrived an hour ago. I'm sure the train after has come and gone. I don't mind watching your child for an hour but it's nearly dinner time for us. And they're running around screeching. I was looking forward to a quiet Friday evening.

I'm sure there's a good reason why you're not here yet and why you haven't called or text.

Sincerely,
    Someone who's never going to say yes again

I know I agreed to watch this child but I really didn't expect it to be this long. And the mom made it sound like it would be quick, her train gets in twenty minutes after the kids get off the bus. We're not friends, just friendly since we live near each other.

And this child keeps screaming even tho I've told them numerous times to stop. Do I make them to sit quietly till the mom comes? That sounds mean but it's piercing my eardrums.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Dear neighbor,

You were in a bind so I agree to get your child from the bus along with my child. Your train should've arrived an hour ago. I'm sure the train after has come and gone. I don't mind watching your child for an hour but it's nearly dinner time for us. And they're running around screeching. I was looking forward to a quiet Friday evening.

I'm sure there's a good reason why you're not here yet and why you haven't called or text.

Sincerely,
    Someone who's never going to say yes again

I know I agreed to watch this child but I really didn't expect it to be this long. And the mom made it sound like it would be quick, her train gets in twenty minutes after the kids get off the bus. We're not friends, just friendly since we live near each other.

And this child keeps screaming even tho I've told them numerous times to stop. Do I make them to sit quietly till the mom comes? That sounds mean but it's piercing my eardrums.

Put a movie on. And yes, never again.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

oneplustwo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you tried checking in with the mom? Not sure if you have a cell phone # or home # for them, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be calling to find out what was going on. And I agree 100%, this family has lost the privilege of you helping them out again, unless there is a real emergency keeping the mom from calling/texting this time.
    “The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that one often comes from a strong will,
    and the other from a strong won’t.” Henry Ward Beecher

Worry is like a rocking chair ~ it keeps you busy but it doesn't get you anywhere.

for Sandy Hook Elementary School

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Did they show up? I'd be worried something happened to the parents? If not, they are not being nice taking advantage of you.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Did they show up? I'd be worried something happened to the parents? If not, they are not being nice taking advantage of you.

I'm curious, too. Have they come yet? Did something awful happened that caused the delay?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Someone left their kid with me an extra 4 hours. She fancied heading to an art exhibit after her appointment. No call, no concern. I think I complained on here while waiting. I hope she showed and all is well.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How crazy. I hope the mom has a good excuse and nothing bad happened!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

The mom finally showed up fifteen minutes after I sent the thread. She text me when she got off the train saying she was on her way. When she got OFF, not when she got ON the train, so she was at my door five minutes after the text. And no mention on why she was on a much later train.

I was starting to feel guilty for getting upset because something bad could've happened. Why else wouldn't she have called or text?

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Very odd! You'd think she'd give you a heads up if she had to get on a later train for some reason! Do you think it could have been a miscommunication and you got the times wrong?
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Very odd! You'd think she'd give you a heads up if she had to get on a later train for some reason! Do you think it could have been a miscommunication and you got the times wrong?
    She text me the time when she asked if I could help her out. Then her husband called in the afternoon to make sure his wife asked me and he said the same time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast